Note: This recipe is a modified version from Gjelina, the cookbook.
I like to double this recipe because it’s the same amount of work and you will definitely use them!
2 pints cherry tomatoes, stemmed
2 cups olive oil (or more)
4 garlic cloves, smashed
1/2 cup basil leaves
1 tsp kosher salt
3 fresh thyme sprigs
Immerse the tomatoes in oil with the spices, and cook them at 350F for 30 minutes. After the tomatoes cool, reserve the oil and the tomatoes in your refrigerator in an airtight glass jar. Use over the next two weeks for pasta, in a homemade sauce, or anytime you want to flavor enhance a dish to make it more special.
Looking for some great ways to use Tomato Confit MAGIC ELIXIR™? Here are some awesome suggestions from our followers!
- Toss with zucchini or squash noodles
- So many ways to use with your favorite proteins:
- Great on chicken, fish (like Mahi Mahi)
- Mix in to your meatball recipe along with fresh garlic or Garlic Confit MAGIC ELIXIR™.
- Put some on top of Pan Seared Pork Chops.
- Mix into taco meat.
- Add to Tinga de Pollo (Chicken in tomato chipotle sauce).
- Mix with some Garlic Confit MAGIC ELIXIR™ and serve with roast lamb.
- Use with leftover Heroine Chicken on a bed of lettuce for an amazing salad.
- Put on top of scrambled or fried eggs or in a frittata.
- Add chopped olives and serve as a side dish with beef tenderloin.
- Salad dressings and condiments:
- Use the oil for a pesto base.
- Blend into your favorite salad dressing.
- The oil itself makes a great salad dressing.
- Pair with Green Goddess dressing MAGIC ELIXIR™ and fresh crudites.
- Use in guacamole along with Garlic Confit MAGIC ELIXIR™
- Use as a garnish for cashew hummus.
- Use in homemade ketchup and BBQ sauce.
- Mix with chopped avocados for an “avocado relish”.
- A great base for tomato bruschetta.
- Throw fresh garlic in before making the confit and create a great “2 for 1” confit!
- On top of roasted veggies.
- As a soup or sauce base.
- Other great ideas:
- Put on top of crusty bread with some Brie or goat cheese.
- Eat with burrata.
- Put on top of polenta.
- Drizzle on warm garlic bread.
- Mix into a Quinoa salad.
- Spanish style tomato bread – Pan con Tomate.
- Toss with pasta, garlic, fresh herbs.
- On a great Italian sandwich or ANY sandwich!
- Add to your favorite Eggplant Parmesan recipe.
- Perfect for margherita pizza.
- Serve with a creamy tarragon chicken dish.