I am a gal that loves old school so I am really in love with this idea of old school canapes and why not Whole30? I am going to give you some of my ideas but there are so many ways you can make this depending on what you like and what you have leftover. And they are amazing for lunches to go. Choose your favorite MAGIC ELIXIRS™, add a protein and your favorite items, Marinated Red Onions MAGIC ELIXIRS™ are always fantastic. Along with my combinations, I’ve added a list of other possible ingredients to play with.
- Leftover steak, cut into cubes
- Olives with pimento
- Roasted red pepper
- Heart of palm, cut into ½ inch thick pieces
Preparing roasted peppers:
- Set the oven to Broil or 500°F. Rub each pepper with 1 tsp olive oil ¼ tsp salt and 1/8 pepper.
- Place on baking sheet. Broil for 30 minutes, flipping every 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place in paper bag for 30 minutes. Remove peel and seeds.
- ½ strip of oven bacon (not too crispy so you can skewer it)
- Tomato Confit MAGIC ELIXIRS™ (or an oven roasted tomato)
- Small iceburg wedge
- Creamy horseradish dressing MAGIC ELIXIRS™
Creamy Horseradish dressing MAGIC ELIXIRS™
- 1 cup Whole30 compliant mayo
- ¼ cup grated horseradish
- 1 tsp Whole30 compliant Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp chives
Blend all ingredients together in a food processor.
Chicken and Ranch
- Leftover Everyday roasted chicken breast
- Pineapple chunks
- Marinated onion
- Serve with WholeSisters Ranch (or, Green Goddess MAGIC ELIXIRS™ )
Other Canapes ingredient options: Whole30 ham, Sausage or Kielbasa, Jicama, Avocado, Sweet potatoes, Cornichons, artichoke hearts.