Pistachio Pesto MAGIC ELIXIRS (TM)
I absolutely love California Grown pistachios and I recently made the life-changing discovery of pistachio pesto. Why had I never heard of it before? It’s absolutely out of this world. In the food processor, blend a cup of raw pistachios. Add two cloves of chopped garlic, a cup of basil and a cup of flat leaf parsley. Slowly add a half cup or more of olive oil and 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Nirvana.
I always have some Pistachio Pesto MAGIC ELIXIRS on hand because it’s milder than regular basil pesto and has a nutty sweetness. I used half flat leaf parsley and half basil.Print
Pistachio Pesto is a must do! It’s absolutely perfect for a sandwich, for a spread, in a salad, and so much more.
- 1 cup raw pistachios
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, put through the press
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- In the food processor and being sure to take your time, pulse a cup of raw pistachios until coarsely chopped.
- Add the pressed garlic, basil and parsley. When all of that is mixed well, slowly add a half cup of olive oil until combined well.
- Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper and combine until well mixed. Depending on your desired consistency, add more olive oil 2 Tbsp at a time (I usually end up adding 4 Tbsp). Nirvana.