This recipe is perfect for a satisfying snack or a party appetizer!
- 4 sweet potatoes, preferably Japanese
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 t kosher salt
- ¼ t cayenne, sprinkling all over
- 1 t smoky paprika
For the Guacamole:
- 3 avocados – halved, pitted and peel removed
- 1 lime
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- ½ – 1 t cayenne pepper
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 8 grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 T fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 T jalapeno, minced
Make the Sweet Potato Wedges
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Cut each sweet potato in half lengthwise. Then each half, in half lengthwise and then each ¼ in half lengthwise. In the end, you should have 8 long wedges.
3. Toss the wedges in the olive oil and salt. Then sprinkle the cayenne and smoky paprika over evenly and toss again.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the sweet potato wedges in a single layer. Bake for 30-40 minutes, flipping halfway through. .
Make the Guacamole
1.Place the avocado and lime juice in a large mixing bowl and toss to combine well.
2.Add the salt and cayenne and mash using a potato masher. I like my guacamole chunky, so I leave some chunks for texture.
3.Add the onions, tomatoes, garlic, cilantro and jalapeno and stir to combine. Serve.