It’s early fall and the weather is still beautiful so here’s a one-dish celebration platter that’s also great just for dinner. It’s as easy as grilled skirt steak and grilled vegetables. Did you see the Green Goddess dressing from a previous post? Here’s another way to use it.
Whole30 Skirt Steak with Whole30 Green Goddess and Vegetables
- 2 lbs skirt steak
- Nocrumbsleft Marinated Red Onions
- 1-½ lbs fingerling potatoes
- 16 baby cherry tomatoes, on the vine
- 1 lb cucumbers
- 1 lb sugar snap peas
- green onions
- Baby multicolored peppers
- 1 bag of beautiful baby lettuces or a couple small heads of soft lettuce (or your preferred lettuce)
For the marinade
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 5 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 – 5 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp Sumac
- 3 Tbsp grated ginger (explain, pickup ginger, squeeze juice and discard remains after juicing)
Whole30 Green Goddess Dressing Ingredients
- 3 oil-packed anchovy filets
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1 cup Whole30 mayo
- 2 handfuls basil leaves
- 4 Tbsp fresh tarragon leaves
- ¼ cup parsley
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 pinches salt
- Blend all the dressing ingredients to combine well. Taste the dressing and add salt, pepper, and more lemon juice for extra tang, if needed.
- In a bowl, combine all steak marinade ingredients and stir to combine well. Marinate in a container. Cover and refrigerate overnight, or for at least 2 hours.
- Grill 3 minutes a side (for very pink, medium-rare), or more depending on your preference. Remove and let rest.
- Roast the vegetables: coat all vegetables with olive oil, then salt and pepper. Roast vegetables, flipping every 3 minutes, or until done. When done, place on a sheet tray also on your grill to continue to cook. Tip: Using a small sheet tray on the grill, so as items become done, you can remove (Or, if potatoes are crisp on the outside, but not cooked on the inside, they can continue to cook.)
- Here’s the fun part: Assemble.