This is my favorite everyday lunch and is an ideal way to prepare chicken for a chicken salad. The preparation is simple and starts with a skin-on, bone-in, plump chicken breast. Rub every crevice generously with olive oil and sprinkle with plenty of kosher salt and black pepper. Here’s the fun part, don’t be afraid to experiment with spices. I like the reds, so I use smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, Aleppo pepper and chili powder. Another divine assortment is turmeric, ginger and Coriander. But here’s what really matters, what spices do you like? Don’t wait for someone to tell you what combination works. Go get some new spices and start experimenting. Cooking is meant to be fun. Bake for about 35 min at 375, then brush the top of the chicken with the juices. Stick back in the oven for 5 minutes to brown the top. Remove from the oven and if you can wait ten minutes before devouring it (and by the way, we can’t), let it rest. Cooking it this way produces a very juicy chicken breast and is absolutely great as part of an easy lunch or weeknight dinner.
Sizzling Everyday Roasted Chicken Breasts
- 2 bone-in and skin-on chicken breasts
- 1 – 1/2 teaspoons extra virgin Olive oil
- 1 – 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Sumac (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Rub every crevice generously with olive oil, then sprinkle with plenty of kosher salt and black pepper. Bake for about 35 minutes, then brush the top of the chicken with the juices. Return to oven for 5 minutes to brown the top. Remove from oven. If it isn’t brown enough at this point, baste again, turn up the oven temp, and bake for another 10 minutes.
- These chicken breasts are terrific topped with Garlic Confit and/or Tomato Confit MAGIC ELIXIRS™.