Peach and Cloudberry Crunchies
I’m delighted to be sponsored by my friends and partner, Icelandic Provisions. So many of you are asking questions about what Skyr is. Think of Skyr as a cousin to yogurt, but more delicious, more healthful, with less sugar, more protein and a taste and texture that is amazing. Although there are different brands that say they are from Iceland, this comes from ancient heirloom cultures. France has Champagne – Iceland has Skyr. As a food blogger I am sent products every single day, but this is a product that I’ve chosen to be dedicated to and I’m excited about it! I talk a lot about magic elixirs and this is definitely one. It turns food from ordinary to extraordinary–like my Welcome Home Salad and my Green Goddess Dressing.
Peaches! How delicious are these? The combination of peaches and Cloudberry in this Skyr flavor is perfectly sweet with an earthy nuttiness. The outcome is a winner! Keep the heat out of the kitchen and grill some beautiful peaches. Top with peach with Cloudberry Skyr and my cookie crumbles. You will absolutely love it. The only thing I have to say – after your second serving, you might want to ask family members to hide it!
This is one of my favorite snacks. It’s satisfying without being too heavy, and it’s just sweet enough for the perfect pick-me-up.
- 4 peaches, halved (make sure they’re firm, but ripe)
- Olive oil
- 2 containers Icelandic Provisions Peach with Cloudberry Skyr
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2¼ cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2¼ cups rolled oats
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoon crushed pink peppercorns
1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicon baking mats.
2. Heat butter and brown sugar in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently with a wooden or silicon spoon, until butter has melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in oats, flour, salt, vanilla, and crushed pink peppercorns.
4. Let cool for a couple of minutes so that the egg doesn’t cook. Then add egg and stir to combine well.
5. Drop cookie batter by the teaspoon onto prepared baking sheets, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie to allow them to spread.
6. Bake for 5 -7 minutes, watching closely to prevent them from over-baking. The cookies should be golden brown.
7. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 30 seconds and remove onto racks. Before they completely cool and harden, crumble the cookies.
8. Cut peaches in half. Brush with olive oil. Grill on a hot grill, until soft and glistening, but sill totally intact, about 3 minutes a side.
9. Place grilled peaches down on a gorgeous plate, add a large handful of the crumbled cookies and a couple dollops of the Skyr. Serve and Enjoy!
Keywords: dessert ideas, skyr desserts