Spicy Seafood Chickapea Pasta
Seafood Pasta! I am well known in my circle of friends for my luscious, giant bowls of seafood pasta–perfect for a Saturday night, and a wonderful dish to gather your friends around.
A number of years ago I started eating gluten-free(ish) and simply can’t believe how much better I feel. Finding a gluten-free pasta can be tricky, so I was absolutely delighted to discover Chickapea Pasta, and I’ve never looked back. Pasta is such a comfort food but can leave you and your family feeling sluggish. Not the case with the ingredients in Chickapea: lentils and chickpeas! The flavor combination offers a rather satisfying magical nuttiness.
There are so many wonderful ways to prepare it, and of course it’s great with a simple Pomadora, but you know I’m a gal who appreciates a celebration dish. The combination of clam juice, seafood, butter and liquid salami makes this dish so festive.
A magic elixir is priceless–those special ingredients I make or discover that are the springboard to many inspired dishes. Like Homemade chicken stock MAGIC ELIXIR, and Pistachio Pesto MAGIC ELIXIR, my new discovery is Nduja – a spicy, spreadable, pork salami from Italy. It’s delicious, and when diluted with stock and some butter, it’s magic!
- Cutting board
- Measuring spoons and measuring cups
- Pairing knife and chef’s knife
- Large pasta pot with insert
- Large sauté pan
Spicy Seafood Chickapea Pasta
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Pasta
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1–1/2 Tbsp olive oil (15 mL)
- 1/2 cup shallots, chopped (75 g)
- 1 cup white wine (240 mL)
- 1 (8 oz) bottle clam juice (227mL)
- 2–3 lbs. clams (900 – 1350 g)
- 3/4 lb. shrimp, any size. Defrosted and deveined (340 g)
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter (113 g)
- 1 Box Chickapea Penne Pasta (227 g)
- 4 oz. Nduja/spreadable salami (113 g)
- In a large pot, begin to boil the water for your pasta.
- Over medium-high heat in a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil. Add the shallots and sauté for about 2 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add 1 bottle clam juice and and the white wine and stir to combine. Let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add clams and cook for another 2 minutes, or until mostly open.
- Boil Chickapea pasta for 4 minutes. Remove promptly from water when done (for al dente pasta), saving a cup of pasta water for later use.
- Add shrimp and 1/2 stick butter and cook for 2-1/2 minutes.
- Add the Nduja to the pan and stir to combine well.
- Add pasta and stir some more. (If you feel there is not enough liquid in the pan, add a bit of your reserved pasta water and stir.)
- Serve and enjoy!
You want to be sure the pasta is done when the sauce is done. Start boiling the pasta at the same time you put the clams in.
Keywords: seafood pasta, gluten free pasta
Holy cow I’m in love! Shrimp and this chewy, magical lentil-chickpea pasta are a match made in heaven and I can’t wait to try it!
Jen..it’s a good one. I love how versatile the pasta is
Omg this would be such a huge hit in our house ~ we all love seafood and this looks over the top delish ~ we’ve recently discovered Chickapea and are hooked!
what I love about thisâ€¦ Is that you can use any seafood you want. I’m thinking scallops and whitefish next time
This looks incredible! I’m a huge fan of Chickapea Pasta, too. I don’t know how I lived without it!
I feel the same. I’ve been looking for a go to gluten-free pasta for years and I’m so delighted that I found it
Oh wow. OH YES! This is making my heart (and stomach) do all kinds of flips. In the best possible way. Gimme!!! Chickapea Pasta is the best pasta! And I’m not even gluten-free but it’s now officially my go to pasta. Especially with all the deliious seafood in there. WELL done my friend. Well, done. Just give me a glass or 3 of vino and I’ll be one happy lady!
…Who are we kidding?? After 3 glasses of wine, I’m no lady 😉
wellâ€¦ I just love that about you and the same can be said for me. Dinner party here we come
Well gosh darn I want to learn about all your magic elixirs! That sauce, that pasta, that seafood. –> DIVINE1
The sauce is amazing and I sort of want to bath in it ðŸ’ŒðŸ’ŒðŸ’Œ
WOW!! For such an impressive dish, it sure sounds easy to make– and healthy-ish, with that pasta!
really delicious and easy to make. I’m pretty excited about giving away 18 boxes in the next 24 hours
It’s so easy
Your recipes are delectable! Can’t wait to make this!
Thanks so much Shareen.. i’m so excited about this one and today we’re giving away lots of the pasta. check the link at the bottom of the post and enter
I would love to be considered for one of the olive wooden spoons.
So enjoying all your posts! Hoping you get your own show, it will be a hit!!
Thanks so much . I would love it . The spoon giveaway closed but it sure was fun .
Looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing this brand. I’ve never heard of it. It’s healthy full of nutrients rather than white rice flour only.
It’s so yummy and be sure to not over cook
Wow this is going on my table and soon! We adore seafood and our Chickapea Pasta – what a terrific combination! You nailed it with this amazing recipe. Thanks so much for sharing it with us!
My pleasure Tricia .. i adore the combo
Teri, this pasta looks amazing!!! I can already see myself with a glass of wine enjoying this on the patio. What a delicious and indulgent sauce! I can’t wait to try this!
I love that about youâ€¦ I love a girl with a vision
You know I adore this dish, Teri. You threw your heart and soul into this beautiful recipe and it shines as bright as you do. Thank you for this delicious perfection!
Pingback: Grilled Peach and Vegetable Pesto Pasta (Summer Grilling Series) - Vitamin Sunshine