Shopping at the farmers market is one of the highlights of my week. I don’t decide what I’m making until I arrive, because I allow the produce to lead the way. This perfect summer platter is great for your own family and ideal for the weekend and guests. Have you ever tried a skinny pork chop? As a gal who loves pork chops in every form, I find these super skinny ones so easy to cook and, if done correctly, so juicy and delicious. The corn makes this platter ideal for August’s summer corn harvest. If you have never tried shaving it, it will be a delicacy everyone will adore. A bit of crunch is nice, so I had a lot of fun making a skinny cracker with a fresh baguette from the market. Pair with a feta or Manchego and sweet summer tomatoes, and enjoy the bounty of summer.
This kind of eating is is flexible; you can change it up any way you like. Substitute tofu for the pork and make it vegetarian, sub out the corn for cauliflower rice if you are doing Whole30, and if you are trying not to eat cheese, substitute avocado for the cheese. Make it your own, with these tips as a guide.
Pork Chop Platter
Pork Chop Platter
- 8 skinny pork chops, on the bone (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 ears of corn
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil for pork chops (more reserved for toasts)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp Aleppo pepper
- Marinated onions MAGIC ELIXIRS™
- 1 small red onion
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1/4 lb chunk Feta cheese
- Demi Baguette, sliced thinly and toasted
- Bunch of green onions and chives, chopped fine for garnish
- Make your Marinated Onions MAGIC ELIXIRS™ – Thinly slice the red onion. Place the slices in a container and pour the olive oil and red wine vinegar over. Add the dried oregano. Cover and let sit at room temperature to marinate for at least an hour.
- Shuck the corn. Cut off the ends. Hold the corn from the top and cut off kernels with a sharp knife.
- In a large frying pan on medium-low heat, sauté the corn in 2 tbsp butter for 5-10 minutes. Remove, salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Salt and pepper the pork chops well. Sprinkle 1 tsp Aleppo pepper over the chops. Drizzle with olive oil and toss all together. Refrigerate and marinate for a couple of hours.
- Slice the baguette lengthwise as thinly as you can. Brush with olive oil. Place in a 350 F oven until golden, about 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Grill the chops 3-4 minutes a side on a clean, hot, oiled grill. Pull off and let rest.
- Assemble your platter. Lay down the arugula, then place the pork chops on the arugula, add a block of Feta, then tomatoes and toasted baguette slices. Top with Marinated Onions MAGIC ELIXIRS™ and drizzle with the dressing from the onions. Sprinkle with chives and green onions. Enjoy.