It’s tricky to make a truly delicious compliant chicken salad because typically, the little bit of sugar in regular mayo is a key ingredient that’s essential for deliciousness. But I’ve spent quite some time perfecting this chicken salad, which requires Pistachio Pesto, Whole30 mayo, and Marinated Onions, which as many of you know are staples for me and will likely become so for you too.
Pistachio Pesto Chicken Salad
- 5 cups roasted sizzling chicken breast (see recipe previous post)
- 6 Tbsp Pistachio Pesto (see recipe below)
- ¼ cup chopped Marinated Onions (see recipe previous post)
- 1-2 Tbsp onion oil from marinated onions
- ¼ cup Whole30 compliant mayo
- 2 tsp kosher salt and pepper to taste
Shred chicken breast, add Pistachio Pesto, mix well. Then add Whole30 mayo, marinated red onions, and stir to combine. Season to taste.
Pistachio pesto was a life-changing discovery. (Why had I never heard of it before?) It’s absolutely out of this world!
- 1 cup raw pistachios
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, put through the press
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- ½ - 1 cup olive oil (depending on your desired consistency)
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
In food processor, blend raw pistachios. Next, add pressed garlic, basil and parsley. When mixed well, slowly add ½ cup of olive oil, or more if desired. Then, add lemon juice, salt and pepper and combine until well mixed. Nirvana.
For more Whole30 tips, inspiration and recipes, follow @nocrumbsleft and nocrumbsleft.net.