It’s tricky to make a truly delicious compliant chicken salad because typically, the little bit of sugar in regular mayo is a key ingredient that’s essential for deliciousness. But I’ve spent quite some time perfecting this chicken salad that requires Pistachio Pesto MAGIC ELIXIR™, Whole30 mayo, and Marinated Onions MAGIC ELIXIR™, which as many of you know are staples for me and will likely become so for you too.
Pistachio Pesto Chicken Salad
- 5 cups roasted Sizzling Chicken Breast
- 6 Tbsp Pistachio Pesto MAGIC ELIXIR (TM) (see recipe below)
- ¼ cup chopped Marinated Red Onions MAGIC ELIXIR™
- 1-2 Tbsp onion oil from Marinated Red Onions MAGIC ELIXIR™
- ¼ cup Whole30 compliant mayo
- 2 tsp kosher salt and pepper to taste
Shred chicken breast, add Pistachio Pesto MAGIC ELIXIR™, mix well. Then add Whole30 mayo and Marinated Red Onions MAGIC ELIXIR™, and stir to combine. Season to taste.
Pistachio Pesto MAGIC ELIXIR™
Pistachio Pesto was a life-changing discovery. (Why had I never heard of it before?) It’s absolutely out of this world!
- 1 cup raw pistachios
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, put through the press
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- ½ to 1 cup olive oil (depending on your desired consistency)
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
In food processor, blend raw pistachios. Next, add pressed garlic, basil and parsley. When mixed well, slowly add ½ cup of olive oil, or more if desired. Then, add lemon juice, salt and pepper and combine until well mixed. Nirvana.
For more Whole30 tips, inspiration and recipes, follow @nocrumbsleft and nocrumbsleft™.net.