- 8 chicken thighs — bone-in, skin on
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1–2 cups warmed chicken stock (use compliant if Whole30)
- ¾ cup green olives
- ½ cup chopped basil
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 1½ Tablespoons garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 teaspoons macerated preserved Meyer lemon MAGIC ELIXIRS
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and brown the chicken thighs on skin-side down first until golden brown and crispy, about 4 minutes. Then flip and cook for about 3 minutes until browned, but not cooked through. Work in batches and set browned thighs aside on a plate.
- Lower the heat to medium, throw in sliced garlic and brown for about 30 seconds. Remove the garlic and set aside with the chicken.
- If the oil is burned, wipe out the chicken oil and add 2 tablespoons fresh olive oil. Over medium heat, add the chopped celery, onions and carrots to make the mirepoix. Cook for about 7-10 minutes or until caramelized.
- Return chicken to pan. Stir in 2 teaspoons of macerated preserved lemon with 1 cup of warmed chicken stock. Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and put in the oven for 40 minutes at 350°F.
- Remove from the oven and pour in enough chicken stock to cover the bottom of the pan, but do not fill above the skin on the chicken thighs. Then toss in olives and sprinkle with the parsley, basil, lemons and place back in oven, uncovered, for 20 min.
- Remove and serve.
Keywords: whole30 chicken recipes, chicken recipes