Caesar Salad – I’m pretty much over the moon about this recipe. Crispy Chicken, romaine, and touches like avocado and grated egg yolk add some delicious and healthful fats that keep you from missing the cheese.
Whole30 Caesar Salad
- Crispy Chicken (recipe below)
- Caesar Dressing MAGIC ELIXIRS™ (recipe below)
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce
- Avocado chunks
- Pear tomatoes, halved
- Radish, sliced into thin coins
- Eggs: boil for 9 minutes, then grate yolk on top
Crispy Chicken Ingredients
- 2 or 3 breasts, skinless and boneless
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp dried oregano
- 5 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together
- Cut chicken on diagonal into strips then marinate overnight in refrigerator.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator. Shake of any excess marinade.
- In a sauté pan, over medium high heat, place 1 Tbsp of olive oil in the pan. Add the chicken and sauté 3 minutes a side, or until done to your liking.
NOTE: If you want grill the chicken – Turn on grill, oil it a bit, and heat to high. Grill chicken for 2-3 minutes per side. Serve.
Caesar Dressing MAGIC ELIXIRS™ Ingredients
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and pressed
- 2 anchovy fillets
- ½ tsp compliant Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Crack egg into a Mason jar. Using a hand blender, slowly add oil as you blend, pausing to let incorporate. Continue to slowly add more oil.
- Add garlic and anchovies, blend.
- Add Dijon, lemon juice, kosher salt and pepper, blend well.
Note: If you add oil too quickly, it will separate. Every time I make it, it’s a little different – so if I need to thicken it, I add 2 Tbsp of mayonnaise.