Whole30 Caesar Salad
Caesar Salad — I’m pretty much over the moon about this recipe. Crispy Chicken, romaine, and touches like avocado and grated egg yolk add some delicious and healthful fats that keep you from missing the cheese.Print
This Caesar Salad is so easy and absolutely perfect for a summer lunch or appetizer!
- Crispy Chicken
- Caesar Dressing MAGIC ELIXIRS (recipe below)
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce
- Avocado chunks
- Pear tomatoes, halved
- Radish, sliced into thin coins
- Eggs: boil for 9 minutes, then grate yolk on top
For the Crispy Chicken:
- 2 or 3 breasts, skinless and boneless
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp dried oregano
- 5 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together
- Cut chicken on diagonal into strips then marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Remove chicken from the refrigerator. Shake off any excess marinade.
- In a sauté pan, over medium-high heat, place 1 Tbsp of olive oil in the pan. Add the chicken and sauté 3 minutes a side, or until done to your liking.
- Assemble your salad with the chicken, lettuce, dressing, avocado, tomatoes, and radishes.
Grill option: Turn on grill, oil it a bit, and heat to high. Grill chicken for 2-3 minutes per side. Serve.
Keywords: whole30 salad, whole30 caesar, easy caesar salad
If you’ve been craving Caesar dressing on Whole30, this recipe is the perfect solution!
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and pressed
- 2 anchovy fillets
- ½ tsp compliant Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Crack egg into a Mason jar. Using a hand blender, slowly add oil as you blend, pausing to let incorporate. Continue to slowly add more oil.
- Add garlic and anchovies, blend.
- Add Dijon, lemon juice, kosher salt and pepper, blend well.
If you add oil too quickly, it will separate. Every time I make it, it’s a little different – so if I need to thicken it, I add 2 Tbsp of mayonnaise.
Keywords: whole30 caesar, whole30 dressing, homemade caesar