Whole30 Salmon Burger
- 1 Lb salmon, skinned and boned
- ¾ cup celery, diced small
- ¾ cup onion, diced small
- ½ red pepper, diced small
- ¼ cup chives, minced
- ¼ t sea salt
- 2 t Old Bay seasoning
- 1 egg-mixed well, no strands remaining
- almond meal, enough for dusting
- Olive oil for sautéing
- Tartar Sauce MAGIC ELIXIRS™(recipe here)
- Put salmon in food processor and blitz for only 2 seconds as you do not want to macerate the salmon. I like to have some texture.
- Place in a bowl and add the celery, onion, red pepper and chives. Mix well and season with salt and Old Bay. Can sit overnight in refrigerator before going further.
- When ready to cook, mix in the egg. Make patties about 5 oz. Put some of the almond meal on a plate. Place patties onto almond meal mixture and gently turn over, then repeat.
- Sauté in oil that’s medium hot until done—2-3 minutes a side for small patties, 4-5 minutes a side for large.