These salmon burgers are utterly delicious! When you start with fresh Salmon and combine it with onions, peppers, celery and chives, toss with an egg and dust with almond meal — a star is born. And if you haven’t had my Tarragon Tartar sauce, you are going to want to get on that right away!
Whole30 Salmon Burger
- 1 Lb salmon, deboned and skin removed
- ¾ cup finely diced celery
- ¾ cup finely diced onion
- ½ finely diced red pepper
- ¼ cup finely diced chives
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 t Old Bay seasoning
- ½ egg-mixed well, no strands remaining
- almond meal, enough for dusting
- Extra Virgin Olive oil for sautéing
- Tartar Sauce MAGIC ELIXIRSâ„¢ (recipe below)
Cut salmon into medium chunks and place into the food processor. Process for 2 seconds (you don’t want to macerate the salmon).
Place in a bowl and add the celery, onion, red pepper and chives. Mix well and add salt and Old Bay.
When ready to cook, mix in the egg and form 5 oz. patties. Put some of the almond meal on a plate. Place patties onto almond meal mixture and gently turn over, then repeat.
In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, warm the oil, then sauté the patties about 2-3 minutes a side.
If you are not cooking all the salmon at one time, set aside the extra in a mason without the egg. When you are ready to use, just add some egg back in.
Tartar Sauce MAGIC ELIXIRSâ„¢
- 1-1/2 cups Whole30 compliant mayo
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 cornichons, finely chopped
- 18 green olives, pitted and finely chopped (I use Cerignola)
- 1-1/2 Tbsp fresh tarragon leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar, or to taste
- Tabasco to taste
In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and stir to combine well.