Whole30 Salmon Burger
These salmon burgers are utterly delicious! When you start with fresh Salmon and combine it with onions, peppers, celery and chives, toss with an egg and dust with almond meal — a star is born. And if you haven’t had my Tarragon Tartar sauce, you are going to want to get on that right away!Print
- 1 Lb salmon, deboned and skin removed
- ¾ cup finely diced celery
- ¾ cup finely diced onion
- ½ finely diced red pepper
- ¼ cup finely diced chives
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 t Old Bay seasoning
- ½ egg-mixed well, no strands remaining
- almond meal, enough for dusting
- Extra Virgin Olive oil for sautéing
- Tartar Sauce MAGIC ELIXIRS (recipe below)
Cut salmon into medium chunks and place into the food processor. Process for 2 seconds (you don’t want to macerate the salmon).
Place in a bowl and add the celery, onion, red pepper and chives. Mix well and add salt and Old Bay.
When ready to cook, mix in the egg and form 5 oz. patties. Put some of the almond meal on a plate. Place patties onto almond meal mixture and gently turn over, then repeat.
In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, warm the oil, then sauté the patties about 2-3 minutes a side.
If you are not cooking all the salmon at one time, set aside the extra in a mason without the egg. When you are ready to use, just add some egg back in.
Keywords: salmon recipes, whole30 salmon, seafood lunch, salmon burger
This is one of my favorite Magic Elixirs to use for my Whole30 fish recipes! So easy and so delicious.
- 1–1/2 cups Whole30 compliant mayo
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 cornichons, finely chopped
- 18 green olives, pitted and finely chopped (I use Cerignola)
- 1–1/2 Tbsp fresh tarragon leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar, or to taste
- Tabasco to taste
In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and stir to combine well.
Keywords: whole30 sauce, whole30 tartar sauce, homemade tartar sauce