This Red Curry Salmon is a spectacular dish, made even better by the ease and simplicty of making something that is as fresh and tasty as you could find anywhere. All fish needs to be fresh. Finding a fabulous and knowlegeable seafood monger or market is the key to success of anything made with seafood and so worth it.
Whole30 Red Curry Salmon with Avocado Crema
Ingredients for Salmon marinade
- 2 Tbsp Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, plus extra
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- Kosher salt
- 1 pinch of Cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ lbs Fresh Salmon fillet
Ingredients for Avocado Crèma
- 1 Avocado, peeled and pitted
- 5 Tbsp coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, press
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- A dash of coconut aminos
- Make a marinade paste by combining the olive oil, pressed garlic, salt and Cayenne pepper together.
- Brush the skin side of the salmon with olive oil. Then flip over to the flesh side and brush the paste over the flesh. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the avocado, coconut milk, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, salt and coconnut aminos and blend until smooth. Cover and set aside until ready to serve.
- Tip: Always make sure that your grill is well oiled and clean. Grill salmon silver skin side down for about 8-10 minutes. When done, gently remove the fish from the grill using 2 spatulas, leaving the skin on the grill.
- Place the salmon on a platter and serve with the Avocado Crèma and limes.
I’m absolutely delighted when it’s all assembled and ready to eat or share with friends.