Ingredients (here’s what I used)
- Marinated red onions (recipe below)
- Sweet potato rounds
- Nuts – almonds and pistachios
- Fruit – raspberries, pear slices, oranges, and lime
- Vegetables – sliced radishes, sliced cucumbers, sun-dried tomatoes, jicama with a sprinkle of chipotle, and blanched French green beans
- Guacamole (homemade or compliant store bought)
- Paleo Ranch
Marinated Red Onions are a longtime favorite and a wonderful Whole30 tip. Twice a week I make this spectacular topping. There is a magic in the combination of the oil, vinegar and oregano that creates something special.
- 1 small red onion
- 1 T dried oregano
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- ¾ cup olive oil
1. Thinly slice the red onion. Place the slices in a container and pour the olive oil and red wine vinegar over. Add the dried oregano. Gently stir to combine. Cover and let sit at room temperature to marinate for at least an hour.
Sweet Potato Rounds
- 2 Japanese sweet potatoes
- 2 T olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 425. Slice the potatoes ½ inch thick. You want them thin enough to crisp up, yet substantial enough to hold up.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat it evenly with 1 T olive oil. Place sweet potato slices on the foil. Then brush the tops of the sweet potato slices with the remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with salt.
3. Bake 15 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove and serve.