Paleo Party Platter
[recipe title=”Paleo Party Platter” print=”true” ]
- 10 cloves garlic
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 6 teaspoons kosher salt
- Bunch of fresh dill sprigs
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 3/4 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns (black, pink or mixed)
- Kirby cucumbers, quartered or halved
- Carrots, peeled and cut into strips or halved lengthwise
- French green beans
- Red peppers
- Chilis, or jalapeÃ±os
- Bring 4 cups of water to boil. Reduce the heat so the water simmers and add the garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Then add the vinegar and salt and raise the heat to a boil, stirring until the salt dissolves. Remove from heat.
- Place a few sprigs of dill in each mason jar. Divide the seeds and peppercorns among the jars. Place the garlic from the brine into each jar. Pack the jars with the vegetables like a.
- Bring the brine back to a boil and pour it over the vegetables, being sure to cover completely, let cool and refrigerate.
- 1 head cabbage
- ¾ cup sesame seeds
- 1-2 bunches scallions, sliced thin
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 2 T mango puree
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup toasted sesame oil
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 T rice vinegar
- 3 T coconut aminos
- Shred cabbage. Toss with scallions and refrigerate.
- Toast sesame seeds and almonds in the oven at 325 until golden.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together well.
- Just before serving, toss the cabbage with the dressing and toasted nuts.
This platter looks amazing! I’m going to do my best to recreate it for a whole30 dinner party this Friday! How many mason jars did you use for the pickled veggies? I think your sentence got cut off when describing how to stack the veggies in the jars – it says “Pack the jars with the vegetables like a.” – like a what? 🙂 You’re food is SO tasty!!! Have fun in France!