One dish I miss on Whole30 is a wedge salad. So, I created a recipe that would play on that and not make me feel one bit deprived. It starts with a wedge of iceberg, then tiny chopped peppers, crisps of bacon, soft boiled eggs, this truly amazing green goddess dressing, and finished off with some fabulous crispy cashews that take it over the top. You’re absolutely going to love it!
Whole30 Wedge Salad
- Crisp bacon
- Yellow pepper, chopped super fine
- Ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
- Soft boiled eggs, boiled 8 minutes, peeled and halved
- Marinated onions
- Iceberg lettuce, cut into quarters
- Green Goddess Dressing, recipe below
- Crispy cashews, recipe below
Whole30 Green Goddess Dressing Ingredients
- 3 oil-packed anchovy filets
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1 cup Whole30 mayo
- 2 handfuls basil leaves
- 4 Tbsp fresh tarragon leaves
- ¼ cup parsley
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 pinches salt
- Blend all the dressing ingredients to combine well. Taste the dressing and add salt, pepper, and more lemon juice for extra tang, if needed.
- Crisp ¼ cup cashews on stove in 1 Tablespoon olive oil, sautéing 4-5 minutes.
- Place wedge on plate, assemble remaining ingredients, sprinkle with bacon, yellow peppers, and tomatoes, then spoon on marinated onions and drizzle with dressing.