One dish I miss on Whole30 is a wedge salad. So, I created a recipe that would play on that and not make me feel one bit deprived. It starts with a wedge of iceberg, then tiny chopped peppers, crisps of bacon, soft boiled eggs, this truly amazing Green Goddess dressing MAGIC ELIXIR™, then finished off with some fabulous crispy cashews that take it over the top. You’re absolutely going to love it!
Whole30 Wedge Salad
- Crisp bacon
- Yellow pepper, chopped super fine
- Ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
- Soft boiled eggs, boiled 8 minutes, peeled and halved
- Marinated Onions MAGIC ELIXIR™
- Iceberg lettuce, cut into quarters
- Green Goddess Dressing, recipe below
- Crispy cashews, recipe below
Whole30 Green Goddess Dressing MAGIC ELIXIR™ Ingredients
- 3 oil-packed anchovy filets
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1 cup Whole30 mayo
- 2 handfuls basil leaves
- 4 Tbsp fresh tarragon leaves
- ¼ cup parsley
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 pinches salt
- Blend all the dressing ingredients to combine well. Taste the dressing and add salt, pepper, and more lemon juice for extra tang, if needed.
- Crisp ¼ cup cashews on stove in 1 Tablespoon olive oil, sautéing 4-5 minutes.
- Place wedge on plate, assemble remaining ingredients, sprinkle with bacon, yellow peppers, and tomatoes, then spoon on Marinated Onions MAGIC ELIXIR™ and drizzle with dressing.