Here’s a favorite Whole30 lunch to go. Chicken Paprika Burgers, on a bed of arugula with blanched green beans, cauliflower rice and Marinated Onions MAGIC ELIXIRSâ„¢. These are all staples in my refrigerator, so they make an easy lunch to go. The burgers are delicious warm, but also great left over.
Whole30 Lunch To Go
Blanch French green beans in salted boiling water for 2-3 minutes, then throw into icy water to stop them from cooking. Dry.
Smoky Chicken Burgers
- 1-½ lbs ground chicken (1 lb. ground dark meat and ½ lb. ground breast)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped spinach
- 1 red pepper (or color of your choice),finely chopped
- Handful of finely chopped chives (if desired)
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp kosher salt (less, if you prefer)
- Black pepper as desired
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more to sauté
- Place chicken in a bowl and mix dark and white meat well. Add onion, red pepper, spinach, parsley, and garlic, and mix to combine. Sprinkle smoked paprika over all, then add salt and black pepper.
- Drizzle chicken mixture with 2 Tablespoons olive oil, mix it in, and form 5 oz. patties,then place them in well-oiled pan on medium heat. Cook 5 minutes on each side.
TIP: I like to store the mixture in the fridge in a Mason jar and they stay good for 2 or 3 days. Ours are usually gone in a week.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup broth (I like chicken, but use any broth you like)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Rice the cauliflower. Heat the coconut oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add the cauliflower to the pan and cook for 10 seconds, stirring continuously. Stir in broth, and continue to stir to combine. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove cover, sprinkle with salt and pepper, stir and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally, until the broth is gone.
Put everything in a to-go container and top with Marinated Onions MAGIC ELIXIRSâ„¢.