Whole30 Sunday Summer Salad
End of summer is one of those times of the year where I want to jam pack in all the freshness of summer produce I can. You already know how much I love my Whole30 Sunday Salad, so I had to summer-ify it. Use this Summer Salad as inspiration to use the fresh loveliness you have in your fridge to create something delicious!
How to Make a Whole30 Summer Salad
For this Summer Salad, I wanted to change up the vegetables a bit. I added in French Green Beans, avocados, and radishes. I omitted things like the peppers, sun dried tomatoes, and artichokes. I simplified the chicken, and rather than doing a full marinade, I just cooked up my Everyday Chicken Breasts. There aren’t too many changes, but it’s just enough to make more seasonal!
The dressing for the Whole30 Summer Salad is my Creamy Chive Citrus Dressing. If you haven’t made this yet, run don’t walk. It’s a newer Magic Elixir, but it has quickly become one of my favorites. It’s bright and fresh creamy deliciousness. Blend your egg and oil until it emulsifies, and then add the rest of your ingredients and you are good to go! Make a double batch, because you will certainly want extra for the rest of the week.
Assembling Your Summer Salad
Once you have all of your ingredients ready, toss it all together and enjoy! Feel free to get creative and add more ingredients, use what you have on hand, and have fun. What I love about a salad like this is that there are so many ways you can make it your own. Balance some savory goodness with some beautiful crunch, add a touch more sweetness, whatever you want!
If you make this Whole30 Sunday Summer Salad, make sure you rate and review it below! If you’re looking for more inspiration, sign up for our Friday Favorites newsletter, and follow along on Pinterest and Instagram to join in all the fun!Print
This Whole30 Sunday Summer Salad is perfect for light, seasonal eating! It’s full of crunch and great for weeknight eating.
For the Salad:
- 10 ounces of your choice of greens, we used baby romaine
- Kosher Salt
- Marinated Red Onions and its oil
- 4 cups cubed Sizzling Everyday Chicken, or rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup cut French green beans (bite-size)
- 1 cup thinly sliced radicchio lettuce
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumbers (into half moons)
- 1 cup radishes, sliced
- 1-2 avocados, cubed
- 3/4 cup California green olives, halved
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced pepperoncini peppers
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3/4 cup hearts of palm, cut into tiny bite pieces
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the Creamy Chive Citrus Dressing:
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup light olive oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 anchovy
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Make the Creamy Chive Citrus Dressing: In a wide mouth mason jar, using an immersion blender to blend, place the egg and slowly add the light olive oil until it emulsifies and thickens. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until thoroughly combined. Cover and refrigerate to allow the dressing to thicken while you make the salad.
- Blanche the Green beans: In a large pot over high heat, bring water and 2 teaspoons salt to a boil. Meanwhile, prepare an ice water bath in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Add the green beans to the boiling water and parboil for 3 minutes or until cooked through but still crisp. Immediately remove, drain, and add to the ice water bath. Let cool in the ice water for 5 minutes. Drain and dry. Set aside.
- Assemble the Salad: In a large bowl, add the greens and sprinkle with salt. If your greens are big, tear the leaves into smaller pieces. Sprinkle salt and add about 3 tablespoons of Marinated Red Onion oil and around ½ cup of marinated red onions. Add the chicken, green beans, radicchio, cucumbers, radishes, avocado, olives, cherry tomatoes, pepperoncini, celery, and hearts of palm. Toss to fully combine. Add more marinated onion oil until the salad is fully coated and red wine vinegar. Season to taste with more salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve with the dressing on the side and enjoy!
This salad is also perfect without the dressing, but we love it with a few spoonfuls!
Keywords: whole30 salad, summer salad