Twice baked potatoes! Can you think of anything better? There is nothing better for a family event, a group of kids, or football Sunday than stuffed baked potatoes. This old school favorite is soul food at it’s best and never a disappointment. It’s so fun to change them up and do them your way. You can do some vegetarian with broccoli, or sprinkle sausage on top, add crispy bacon, strips of salami, or garlic powder. The sky is the limit and I would absolutely love to hear your favorite version. Once you bring these back into your kitchen, they will become a family favorite in your home too.
I’m so exited to be an ambassador for Traeger and I love the recipes over at TragerGrills.com. Because I ‘m new to this way of grilling it’s so wonderful to go over there find a great recipe and do your own riff on it.
Twice Baked Potatoes
- 8 Russet potatoes
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups hot milk
- 12 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp chives, diced
- 6 strips cooked bacon, chopped
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh Black Pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Start the Traeger grill on smoke with the lid open, about 5 minutes. Then close the lid and set the temperature to 400 F. Wait 15 minutes for the grill top pre-heat.
- Clean the potatoes and let dry. Then poke the potatoes with a fork.
- Place the potatoes on the grill and bake for about 1 hr and 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Transfer the potatoes to a rimmed baking sheet and let the potatoes cool slightly for 5 to 10 minutes. Turn grill down to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, scoop the potato flesh into a bowl, leaving about a 1/4-inch shell.
- Using a masher, mash the potato while slowly adding the hot milk and melted butter. Once mixed together, whip the potatoes until fluffy and smooth. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Fill the potato skins with the whipped potato filling. Top each potato with cheese and bacon.
- Place back on the grill and cook for 20 minutes at 375 F, or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Remove from grill and top with more bacon and chives. Enjoy!