- 1–1/2 Tbsp olive oil (15 mL)
- 1/2 cup shallots, chopped (75 g)
- 1 cup white wine (240 mL)
- 1 (8 oz) bottle clam juice (227mL)
- 2–3 lbs. clams (900 – 1350 g)
- 3/4 lb. shrimp, any size. Defrosted and deveined (340 g)
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter (113 g)
- 1 Box Chickapea Penne Pasta (227 g)
- 4 oz. Nduja/spreadable salami (113 g)
- In a large pot, begin to boil the water for your pasta.
- Over medium-high heat in a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil. Add the shallots and sauté for about 2 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add 1 bottle clam juice and and the white wine and stir to combine. Let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add clams and cook for another 2 minutes, or until mostly open.
- Boil Chickapea pasta for 4 minutes. Remove promptly from water when done (for al dente pasta), saving a cup of pasta water for later use.
- Add shrimp and 1/2 stick butter and cook for 2-1/2 minutes.
- Add the Nduja to the pan and stir to combine well.
- Add pasta and stir some more. (If you feel there is not enough liquid in the pan, add a bit of your reserved pasta water and stir.)
- Serve and enjoy!
You want to be sure the pasta is done when the sauce is done. Start boiling the pasta at the same time you put the clams in.
Keywords: seafood pasta, gluten free pasta