Instagram is an amazing and inspiring resource for everyday eating. I love following my friend @Emma_Lately, who lives across the pond and creates delightful Paleo-ish dishes. I saw this one on her page and have made it my own. You can also find it on the Whole30 Feed that I curate at The Feed Feed.
I’m a gal who loves to marinate, and this is a super simple recipe with ingredients you will already have in your kitchen. Rather than adding sugar and ingredients I can’t pronounce, I like to marinate with items that naturally bring out the goodness, and are also good for you. Part of the trick is getting a plump chicken breast and cutting with a sharp knife to wind up with skinny pieces that crisp up and have a lovely crunchy edge–although if you don’t have the sharp knife, marinate the breasts as is. I marinate a day ahead to infuse the chicken with flavor. I love quick and easy dinners!
Crispy Passport Chicken
- 3 organic chicken breasts
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp dried oregano
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Your favorite greens
1. Mix the marinade ingredients together with stick blender, or shake well in a Mason jar.
2. This next step is tricky because you are going to use a sharp knife to cut the chicken breasts lengthwise, so be careful and watch the VIDEO above first. For ease of cutting, freeze the chicken breasts for about an hour or two until they’re just partially frozen. Cut the breasts into strips, by laying them flat on a board, and covering most of the breast with one hand. Then slowly cut the breast lengthwise. Then cut again, so you end up with 3 thin slices.
3. Place the chicken breast slices into a container. Salt and pepper the chicken throughly. Pour half the marinade over the chicken, flip, and pour the other half over. Marinate overnight.
4. Preheat grill and oil it a bit. Remove chicken from refrigerator. Grill the chicken slices for 2-3 minutes a side. Serve on your favorite greens.