Instagram is an amazing and inspiring resource for everyday eating. I love following my friend @Emma_Lately, who lives across the pond and creates delightful Paleo-ish dishes. I saw this one on her page and have made it my own. You can also find it on the Whole30 Feed that I curate at The Feed Feed.
I’m a gal who loves to marinate, and this is a super simple recipe with ingredients you will already have in your kitchen. Rather than adding sugar and ingredients I can’t pronounce, I like to marinate with items that naturally bring out the goodness, and are also good for you. Part of the trick is getting a plump chicken breast and cutting with a sharp knife to wind up with skinny pieces that crisp up and have a lovely crunchy edge–although if you don’t have the sharp knife, marinate the breasts as is. I marinate a day ahead to infuse the chicken with flavor. I love quick and easy dinners!
Crispy Passport Chicken
- 3 organic chicken breasts
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp dried oregano
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
1. Mix the marinade ingredients together.
2. This step is tricky because you are going to work with a sharp knife and you will be cutting the chicken breast the long way, so be careful. Freeze the chicken breasts for about an hour or two so that they’re just partially frozen. Cut the chicken into strips, lay the breast flat on a board, and cover with one hand. Slowly cut the breast lengthwise. Then cut again so you end up with 3 thinner pieces.
3. Place the chicken into a container. Salt and pepper the chicken throughly. Pour half the marinade over the chicken, flip, and pour the other half over. Marinate overnight.
4. Remove chicken from refrigerator. Turn on grill and oil it a bit. Then grill the chicken for 2-3 minutes a side. Serve.