Bubbly Chicken Pancetta
- Pound chicken breast to ¼ inch thick. Sprinkle with salt and pepper on one side, flip and brush with egg on the other. Place 2 sage leaves on each piece of egged chicken, then cover with pancetta and press to stick. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Over medium-high heat, heat a large sauté pan. When it’s hot, add the olive oil, then chicken, pancetta side down. Cook for about 3 minutes, until golden brown. Flip and cook through, about 2-3 more minutes. Place on a warmed plate and cover with foil.
- Reduce heat to medium, add clarified butter to the pan, and cook the shallots for about 3 minutes until soft. Add the arrowroot flour, stirring and cooking for 2 minutes. Add the thyme and chicken stock to deglaze, scraping and removing the brown bits. Simmer for 3 minutes. Then add the coconut aminos, sage, simmer for a few minutes until thickened. Serve the chicken on top of the sauce.
Keywords: chicken pancetta, easy chicken dinner
- Cutting board
- Measuring spoons and measuring cups
- Mixing bowls
- Wooden spoon
- Paring knife and 7″ rocking Santoku knife
- Large sauté pan
- Aluminum foil