An Easy Pimento Cheese Recipe & Fourth of July Recipe Round-Up
The Fourth of July was always my mom’s favorite holiday, so I grew up decorating the yard, my bike, and even myself with red, white, and blue every year. Watching our local parades and races and of course, eating wonderful summer foods, were always the highlights.
The tradition continued with my kids, and I’m so glad they were able to enjoy my mom’s gift of spreading music, love, and laughter. These days, when I bring people together for the holidays, I center our time around fantastic eating.
Teri’s Tips for a Fabulous 4th of July.
- Get inspired at your local farmers market: Every summer, I love spending Wednesday mornings at Chicago’s Green City Market, talking to the farmers about what’s ripe and enjoying local produce while I can.
- Fire up the grill: Grilling is a fantastic way to keep the heat out of the kitchen. Uniting my enthusiasm for grilling with my love for local produce inspired my Steak Salad. I’m lucky to have a partner who is happy to stand by the grill and create perfection, and if you’ve followed for a while, you know that I love to use the grill 365 days a year. But if there’s one day to get out the grill, it’s certainly July 4!
- Always serve a fabulous salad: There is no better way to highlight the season’s abundance than by preparing a vibrant salad. Trust me; I know a thing or two about salads, and no celebration spread is complete without one.
- Let’s go! Plan your menu: What’s your favorite summer produce? Search the nocrumbsleft blog for recipes using your favorite ingredients and allow them to lead the way.
Teri’s Favorite Easy, No-Cook Recipe to Serve for 4th of July.
The Fourth of July is a great time to introduce your hungry friends and family to my next-door neighbor Jason’s fabulous Pimento Cheese dip.
It’s a delectable appetizer, side dish, burger topper–you name it. This recipe is one to save because you’ll make it again and again!
What is Pimento Cheese Dip?
Pimento Cheese dip is a Southern dish, and I find it pretty addictive. Jason serves it with chips and pickled vegetables, but it would also be lovely with your favorite summer vegetables. Trust me when I say you might want to make a double batch. It’s that dreamy!Print
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar, cut in chunks
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack, cut in chunks
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4-ounce) jar pimentos, drained, diced, and divided
- 1/4 cup Duke’s mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle juice, or to taste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash of hot paprika or cayenne
- Salt to taste
- Add the cheeses, mayo, pickle juice, garlic, half of the pimentos, and seasonings to a food processor and blend until smooth but still a bit chunky.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and stir in the remaining pimentos. Chill for 30 minutes. Serve with celery and kettle chips.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 421
- Sugar: 27.5 g
- Sodium: 882.2 mg
- Fat: 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 69.8 g
- Fiber: 16.6 g
- Protein: 17.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: pimento cheese, easy, cheese spread, appetizer, side dish, no cook recipe, 4th of July
Teri’s Fabulous 4th of July Recipe Round-Up!
There are so many easy, festive options to make any Fourth of July gathering a fun celebration of good food without spending your day in the kitchen.
Plan your menu now, and you’ll be breathing easy on the 4th! Let’s go!!
Fourth of July Salads & Dressings:
Both my Celebration Cobb Salad and Rainbow Salad with Chicken are amazing ways to please your favorite crowd on the Fourth of July. My Panzanella Salad is another winner. My Gluten Free Tuna, Rice, and Green Pea Salad is a great dish for eaters of all kinds.
When it comes to dressings, I like to refrigerate mine in a Mason jar, so it’s ready to top a salad, use as a dip, or take along to a potluck.
Steak Salad with Spicy Poblano Sauce (Whole30)
This Spicy Poblano sauce is good on many things, but I absolutely love it with this Whole30 salad with steak and vegetables!
Rainbow Salad with Chicken: A Colorful Feast for the Senses!
Celebrate summer with a colorful, creative feast that is full of flavor! My rainbow salad with chicken & bacon is hard to resist!
A Simple Summer Celebration Wedge Salad recipe
The perfect wedge salad recipe for summer! This simple salad has the best of the season with corn and a charred scallion dressing.
Raspberry Summer Salad
This summer-inspired Cobb Salad is something you will want to make all summer long! It’s bursting with fresh raspberries, avocado, and green peas, along with chicken and bacon.
Gluten-free Panzanella Salad
This gluten-free Panzanella Salad is the perfect salad for a any occasion. It’s beautiful, super hearty, and feeds a crowd!
Vegan Mediterranean Salad
My Vegan Mediterranean Salad is a beautiful and delicious feast for the plant-based eaters at your gathering. Be prepared, everyone will love this salad!
This Is The Best Recipe For Gluten-Free Tuna, Rice, and Green Pea Salad
This gluten-free version of Roy’s Tuna Pasta Salad with rice is pretty ingenious, if I do say so myself! It is the perfect addition to any gathering you might be planning this summer.
Fourth of July Burgers:
For a group with hearty appetites, my Smashburger is fun and festive both to make and to eat, and my Whole30 Chicken Burger is always ideal for meal prep and truly a hit.
Smashburger with Special Sauce
This Smashburger is the burger of the summer. It’s so delicious and something the whole family will absolutely love.
4th of July Grilling:
My Whole30 Grilled Summer Vegetable Platter is a beloved Whole30 option. Summer Grilled Shrimp Pasta is always wonderful for any summer party and perfect if you want a Fourth of July dish that’s a bit more elegant.
Crispy Grilled Brick Chicken
This Brick Chicken is perfect for summer cooking! It gets the heat out of the kitchen, and it gives you an easy and delicious dinner in about an hour!
Grilled Vegetable Summer Salad
This Grilled Vegetable Summer Salad is perfect for a delicious lunch or a total crowd-pleaser at any summer BBQ!
Whole30 Grilled Summer Vegetable Platter with Pistachio Pesto MAGIC ELIXIRS (TM)
This is an absolute favorite for me for summer eating. As a gal that’s gluten-free, I am always looking for a little something that has a bite, and this really hits the spot for me.
If you’re not planning to grill, here’s a uniquely delicious and fun Whole30 option: the Tuna, Watermelon, and Jicama Bites with Avocado Crema from my cookbook. They’re crunchy, super refreshing, and so satisfying!
Food is my love language, and this book is a guide to getting you in the kitchen with me, rolling up your sleeves, and reigniting passion for everyday cooking. Woven throughout the book are my Teri’s Tips as well.
This cookbook is a love letter to my mother because it offers the recipe for a well-lived life.
4th of July Desserts:
Watermelon is so lovely in the summer, whether you’re serving it as a juicy side dish or offering it as a simple, sweet finish to a meal. But if you want to serve a much more special dessert, my Ice Cream Pie or Gluten Free Chocolate Orange Cupcakes are two desserts all my favorite eaters love.
Gluten-free Ice Cream Pie
This gluten-free ice cream pie is the perfect easy dessert to make and share all summer long!
Use the holiday as an opportunity to enjoy your people and try a new dish. Why not incorporate as much of summer’s bounty as you can?