The Best Soup with Hamburger; Whole30 Beef & Noodle Soup
I happen to love soup year round, and for so many people, it’s a midwinter staple. There’s a bit of magic that goes into putting my Whole30 Beef & Noodle Soup together, but it’s quite easy to prepare. This fabulous soup with hamburger is a must-try for anyone who loves a big bowl of soup.
So many of you have asked what to do with a pound of ground beef, and this is one of my favorite ideas! I predict this amazing bowl of soup will be something you’ll enjoy again and again. While this version uses Palmini noodles, you can certainly substitute your favorite cooked noodles. I’ve included recipe cards for both options below.
Whole30 Beef & Noodle Soup is the ultimate comfort food! The combination of ground beef and fresh vegetables makes it such a nourishing Whole30 option.
Palmini Noodles: The Perfect Gluten-Free and Whole30 Pasta.
Palmini noodles offer the satisfaction of eating pasta, but they are made from hearts of palm, so they’re a perfect substitute for traditional pasta. They’re low in carbs, gluten-free, and perfect for Whole30.
While this soup with hamburger recipe uses Palmini noodles, you can always use regular pasta if you’d like. That would be fabulous too! I’ve included recipe notes for both in the recipe card below.
Homemade Chicken Stock: The Magic Elixir You Must Know How To Make!
When people ask what the most important Whole30 ingredient is for delicious cooking, I tell them chicken stock. For me, it’s a flavor infuser and a basic that any good cook should know how to make. If you take a peek in my freezer, you might be shocked to see it’s filled to the brim with stock of every kind.
Here are a few of my best recipes for Whole30 chicken stock. Choose whichever one speaks to you and start making big batches to keep on hand for dishes like this soup with hamburger. Homemade stock will be a game changer in your Whole30 kitchen!
Easy No-Time Chicken Stock
This quick and easy chicken stock is perfect when you don’t have enough time to let it simmer all day! Quick and delicious!
Spice it Up with Tabasco or Hot Sauce!
Clearly, if you like heat you are thinking about making a batch of my Whole30 Spicy Chicken Stock for this soup. But if you want to spice it up even more, add a few dashes of hot sauce. It’s the perfect way to add some heat to this already delicious recipe.
Fresh Avocado and Lime: The Perfect Toppings!
If you’re looking to take this soup with hamburger to the next level, then you have to try adding fresh avocado and lime. The creaminess of the avocado pairs perfectly with the acidity of the lime, adding another layer of flavor to the dish. Plus, it’s a great way to add some healthful fats to your meal too.
Food is my love language, and this book is a guide to getting you in the kitchen with me, rolling up your sleeves, and reigniting passion for everyday cooking. Woven throughout the book are my Teri’s Tips as well.
I consider this cookbook a love letter to my mother because it offers the recipe for a well-lived life.
If you try this recipe for Whole30 Beef & Noodle Soup, please rate it and leave a comment below to let me know how it turned out!Print
This Whole30 Beef & Noodle Soup with ground beef, fresh vegetables, and Palmini noodles, is gluten-free, Whole30, and delicious.
- 1 (12-ounce) package palmini noodles (or regular pasta if not making gluten free, see Cook’s Note)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds 85% lean ground beef
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons diced garlic
- 2 cups green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 cups chicken stock, warmed
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 to 3 avocados
- 1 to 2 limes, cut in wedges
- Tabasco or hot sauce of choice, optional
- Place the pasta in a colander and rinse well with cold water for about 1 minute. Set aside.
- In a large Dutch oven or stock pot, over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the ground beef, 1 teaspoon of salt, and cook until browned, 8 to 10 minutes, breaking the meat up as you go.
- When the meat is done, using a slotted spoon, remove the ground beef and set aside.
- Drain the fat, if any, from the Dutch oven or pot, leaving only a small amount of fat behind to coat the bottom.
- In the same pot over medium heat, add the carrots, onions, celery, and, stirring occasionally, saute until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic, stir to combine, and cook for 1 minute. Increase the heat to high, stir in the green beans, chicken stock, basil, oregano, and remaining teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and continue to cook for about 5 minutes, or until the green beans are crunchy, but not overcooked. Add the crushed tomatoes and tomato paste and stir to combine. Bring to a boil. Add the noodles and the ground beef to the pot, stir to combine, and serve.
- Garnish with half of a sliced avocado per serving and a big squeeze of lime. Optionally, add a dash of Tabasco or your preferred hot sauce. Enjoy!
If you are using regular pasta, cook until al dente to the packaging directions. Drain and set aside and add to the soup when adding the beef back in. A small-shaped pasta, like ditalini, is a good option.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 644
- Sugar: 20.2 g
- Sodium: 2395.4 mg
- Fat: 33.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 44.1 g
- Protein: 44 g
- Cholesterol: 110.7 mg
Keywords: whole30, whole30 soup, beef, ground beef, soup with hamburger, Palmini noodles, Whole30 pasta
Are you looking for more delicious Whole30 recipes to try? Let’s go!
The Best Whole30 Salad Dressing Recipes
These delicious & easy Whole30 salad dressings are an easy way to add more flavor & excitement to your Whole30 meal plan.
Whole30 Heroine Chicken
Heroine Chicken. My love and of cooking and family and knowing the importance of sitting around a table with people I love and sharing food is not only one of the greatest pleasures but necessary for my soul. So, when my family’s much loved dish caught the eye of the editor of a start up
Whole30 Magic Elixirs: Sauces, Dressings, and Dips
I love my Magic Elixirs, which are truly a shortcut to deliciousness. Magic Elixirs are creations that you put in or over a dish to elevate your food from ordinary to extraordinary. I have always loved pan juices, and they’re a simple, natural example of a Magic Elixir, whether you pour it over food or