Gluten-Free & Fabulous! The Best Fried Fish Sandwich with Tartar Sauce
Today, I’m thrilled to share with you a new recipe using cod that I am super excited about. Honestly, I think this is the best Fried Fish Sandwich on the internet! This sandwich is the perfect combination of flavor and convenience as it whips up in less than 30 minutes too, I just know you’re going to love it.
Cod vs. Haddock: What’s the best fish for a fried-fish sandwich?
Cod is a great option because it has lower fat and calories than haddock. I’m such a fan of Omega-3s, and cod is packed with them! In fact, the American Heart Association shows that Omega-3s keep the heart healthy, and who doesn’t love that? Clearly, choosing cod is a total win!
Crunchy Goodness: The Secret to the Perfect Gluten-Free Breading.
For this recipe, I’ve crafted a simple gluten-free breading that is easy to prepare and gives the cod a satisfying crunch. The breading is made with Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Baking flour, and a few simple yet flavorful seasonings.
Quick and Easy: Assembly and Preparation of the Ultimate Fried Fish Sandwich.
This fried fish sandwich consists of fresh cod, cheddar, or Colby Jack cheese, and a tangy tartar sauce that really ties everything together fabulously. The cod is pan-fried to crispy perfection, giving it a delicious crunch on the outside and a tender texture on the inside. This fish sandwich is so quick and straightforward, that you can enjoy your sandwich in less than 30 minutes!
Toppings and Condiments to Elevate Your Fried Fish Sandwich.
My Olive Shallot Tarragon Tartar Sauce takes a bit of prep but is without question the best. When I make a jar of this deliciousness, I cook seafood for the next couple of days because this is the perfect accompaniment.
The Perfect Combination: A Delicious and Better For You Fried Fish Sandwich.
The final product is a delightful and satisfying sandwich that combines health and flavor with a pleasant crunch. Trust me, you won’t miss the gluten in this sandwich either. But, if you want to use regular all-purpose flour for this recipe for fried fish you totally could.
Bite into Bliss: You’ll love this Gluten-Free Fried Fish Sandwich with Cod!
I really hope you’ll give this fantastic Fried Fish Sandwich recipe a try soon. Remember, eating healthy doesn’t have to be bland and boring. It can be delicious and satisfying, just like this fabulous sandwich. Let’s go!
Are you as big of a sandwich lover as I am? Here are 3 more sandwiches that I think you should try next.
I love all types of food really, but the fastest way to my heart is really a great sandwich! Below you will find six of the best sandwiches that you will ever eat. Click on any of the pictures to go to that spectacular recipe.
If you try this recipe for what I think is the best Fried Fish Sandwich, please rate it and leave a comment below to let me know how it turned out!Print
This fried fish sandwich recipe is the perfect combination of flavor and convenience as it is delicious & whips up in less than 30 minutes.
- 4 (6-ounce) cod filets, or other whitefish
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 pinches ground paprika
- 3 to 4 large eggs, very well beaten
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Baking flour or regular all-purpose flour
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 burger or sandwich buns
- Tartar sauce, for serving
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Pat the cod filets dry and season each filet with ½ teaspoon of salt and one pinch of paprika, distributing on both sides of the filet.
- Set up your dredging station by putting the beaten eggs in one shallow bowl and the flour in the other.
- With your designated dry hand, dredge a filet in the flour, making sure it’s fully coated. With your wet hand, dip the filet in the beaten egg, making sure both sides are dipped and then return to the flour. With your dry hand, coat the filet one last time on both sides then set it aside. Repeat with the remaining three pieces of fish.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Note: you will know that the oil is hot enough when it starts to glimmer or if it bubbles when you add a little flour to the oil. Add the fish filets and cook until golden brown, for 3 ½ minutes. If your pan is big enough, you might be able to cook all the filets at once, if not, cook them in batches. Carefully flip the filets and add a slice of cheddar cheese on top. Cook the filets for 3 minutes more. Remove from the pan.
- If the cheese has not fully melted at this point or if you need to cook the filet a bit more, place the filets on a baking sheet and bake them for 1 to 2 minutes, monitoring how the cheese is melting. Remove from the oven and assemble the sandwiches.
- Lightly toast the buns. Take a toasted sandwich bun and place a fish filet on top. Spread some tartar sauce on the filet and close the sandwich with the top bun. Repeat with remaining filets.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 766
- Sugar: 4.3 g
- Sodium: 1834.8 mg
- Fat: 30.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 72.1 g
- Protein: 45.5 g
- Cholesterol: 292.4 mg
Keywords: fried fish, fried fish sandwich, easy dinner, tartar sauce