This is the Best Recipe for Sliders with Meatballs!
Meatball sliders are a fabulous and delicious way to serve up classic meatballs in a fun and portable package. If you’ve never tried making meatball sliders before, you’ll be pleasantly surprised at just how easy this recipe for sliders is to make. Let’s go!
The Perfect Mini Meatball Sub: How to Make Delicious Meatball Sliders at Home.
Before we get into the details of making meatball sliders, let’s discuss the ingredients you’ll need. The fabulous thing about sliders is that you can customize them with any meatball recipe you like. I personally think that my Gluten Free Parmesan Chicken Meatballs are the best meatballs and I know you are going to love them too!
This meatball is actually one of my favorite recipes that we’ve ever made! There’s something so special about winter cooking that feels entirely soulful and beautifully indulgent.
This meatball is the kind of recipe that is such a joy to cook and absolutely delicious to eat.
To make this recipe for sliders, we adjusted the meatball recipe to make 2-ounce meatballs.
Ingredients needed to make this recipe for sliders:
- 12 (2-ounce) meatballs
- unsalted butter
- garlic cloves
- 12 dinner rolls,gluten free or regular
- grated parmesan cheese
- shredded mozzarella
- Finely chopped parsley
How to assemble Mini Meatball Sliders :
This recipe for sliders is fast and easy to pull together, especially if you made the meatballs ahead of time.
Make Your Next Party a Hit with This Delicious Meatball Slider Recipe!
Food is my love language, and this book is a guide to getting you in the kitchen with me, rolling up your sleeves and reigniting passion for everyday cooking. Woven throughout the book are my Teri’s Tips as well.
I consider this cookbook a love letter to my mother and that it offers the recipe for a well-lived life .
If you try this recipe for what I think is the ultimate recipe for sliders, please rate it and leave a comment below to let me know how it turned out!Print
- 12 (2-ounce) meatballs (we used our Gluten Free Parmesan Chicken Meatball recipe and adjusted to make 2 ounce meatballs)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 12 dinner rolls gluten free or regular
- 4 to 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese divided
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella (or as much as you like!)
- Finely chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare the Gluten Free Parmesan Chicken Meatball recipe, keep warm.
- In a small pot, add the butter and pressed garlic and heat over low until melted. Let the butter infuse but keep an eye to make sure the garlic nor the butter burns. Remove from heat.
- Take your rolls and scoop out openings the size of your meatballs in the tops of the rolls. (Note, you’re hollowing out the rolls, and you do not slice the rolls in half, as you’re making open-faced, meatball-stuffed sliders.) If you have anything that is about the size of your meatballs, like a tiny bowl or a small biscuit cutter, it can help to score the center of the rolls before hollowing them out. We used a 2-ounce jigger, which was the perfect size for our meatballs. With a spoon or a knife, just cut out the center, making sure not to cut more than 2/3 of the way down the center of rolls.
- Put the rolls on a parchment lined baking sheet and brush them with the garlic butter.
- Place the rolls in the oven and bake for 3 minutes, then remove.
- Assemble the meatball sliders by adding 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon of the marinara, depending on the size of your rolls and meatballs, into every roll’s hollow, then a sprinkle of parmesan. Now add a meatball to each roll. Liberally top with mozzarella and a generous sprinkle of parmesan.
- Add the stuffed meatball rolls back to the oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is all melted and lightly golden; remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle with parsley, and enjoy!
If you prefer, you can buy premade meatballs at your grocery store, just heat them up in 2 cups of marinara of your choice and adjust the size of your buns to fit the meatballs, as needed.
- Serving Size: 2 sliders
- Calories: 641
- Sugar: 13.9 g
- Sodium: 1249.7 mg
- Fat: 36.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 44 g
- Protein: 36 g
- Cholesterol: 132.2 mg
Keywords: meatball, meatball sliders, easy, slider, recipe for sliders, Chicken Parmesan Meatball
Are you hungry for more fabulous meatball recipes?
I have created so many wonderful meatball recipes over the years; below are a few of my all-time favorite meatball recipes to add to your next weekly meal plan.
Whole30 Glazed Meatballs
An easy and delicious Whole30 meal! It’s perfect for meal prep and weeknight eating.
Green Minestrone Soup with Meatballs and Pistachio
This hearty soup is easy to make and the best way to warm up your winter!
Spicy Guajillo Chile Meatballs
I love these meatballs, not only because they are delicious but because they are so versatile! Eat them alone, with pasta, with veggies, and use the leftovers for a delicious lunch the next day!
Whole30 Chicken Meatballs in Green Curry
Whole30 meatballs with a twist that can warm you up any day!
Meatballs with Sunday Gravy MAGIC ELIXIRS (TM)
I have been wanting to make a beef meatball for a long time, especially since so many people don’t eat pork. Of course, it’s easy to make great meatballs with breadcrumbs and non Whole30 compliant ingredients. And some folks like to use almond meal instead, but that’s not my cup of tea. I am thrilled
Chicken Meatballs in Red Curry
Some people are afraid to get into the kitchen and try new things, but I am not one of those people. I’m so lucky to love cooking, even though I grew up in a family where my mother really didn’t love to cook. One of the many great things I learned from my mom was either