Whole30 Coconut Curry Chicken Noodle Soup
Coconut Curry Chicken Noodle Soup. This is a new spin on my favorite Asian-inspired soup, and I am so excited to share it with you. If you have been missing a noodle, this is a life-changing moment. It has everything that you want in a Whole30 soup, and the hearts of palm noodles take it to another level. The texture they add to the soup is so satisfying that you won’t miss “real” noodles. This is one of my favorite recipes, and I know that you’re absolutely going to love it.Print
The perfect hearty Whole30 soup for fall! Delicious flavors and perfect for meal prep.
- 2, 12 oz. bags hearts of palm noodles
- 2 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, sliced paper-thin
- 5 Tbsp ghee, divided
- 5 cups Shiitake (or other) mushrooms, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped super fine
- 2 stalks lemongrass, chopped super fine (optional)
- 1 jalepeño, seeded and chopped super fine
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken stock, warmed
- 1 jar of red curry paste
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, blended
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 bunch Broccolini, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Chopped chives for garnish
- Place the hearts of palm noodles in a colander and rinse well with cold water. Set aside.
- Slice the chicken breasts paper thin. (Place the chicken breast on the cutting board with the skinniest part of the breast pointed away from you. Hold knife at a 45-degree angle and, starting at the top, slice into strips, as thinly as possible.) Set aside.
- In a large Dutch oven or stock pot over medium heat, melt 2 Tbsp ghee. Add ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper and the mushrooms, sautéing until brown and crisp, about 5-7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the mushrooms and set aside in a bowl.
- In the same pot, melt 3 Tbsp ghee. Add the green onions, lemongrass (if using), jalapeno and garlic, stirring continuously to avoid burning the garlic, and cook until crispy, about 1 minute. Make sure to scrape up all the bits from the bottom of the pot.
- In a separate small saucepan, over medium high heat, warm the chicken stock. Pour 3-½ cups of the warmed chicken stock into the large pot with the onion mixture and bring to a boil.
- Add the curry paste and the remaining ½ cup of stock and stir to make a slurry. Add the slurry to the other pot with the blended coconut milk, lime juice, coconut aminos, ginger, ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper, stirring to combine. Then add mushrooms (and any juices that accumulated in the bowl) and stir again to combine. Add the hearts of palm noodles and chicken pieces and cook for 1 minute. Add the Broccolini and cook for another 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Serve with lime wedges, more green onions, and chopped cilantro on the side.
Keywords: chicken soup, whole30 soup