Whole30 Glazed Meatballs
These Glazed Meatballs are perfect for a winter Whole30 party! They are simply delicious. I use a combination of beef and pork and add lots of fresh herbs to keep them juicy. The savory glaze takes these over the top! You may want to double the recipe, because these make great leftovers and a fantastic lunch to go.Print
An easy and delicious Whole30 meal! It’s perfect for meal prep and weeknight eating.
For the glaze:
- 2 cups Whole30 compatible ketchup
- 4 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp hot sauce
For the meatballs:
- 1 pound ground beef, 90% lean
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- ½ cup Almond Flour
- ¾ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1-½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil for frying
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Make the Glaze: Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix to combine well. Set aside.
- Make the meatballs: In a large bowl, use your hands to mix all the meatball ingredients (except the olive oil) using your hands. Form into 2 oz meatballs.
- In a large 12” oven-safe sauté pan over high heat, heat the olive oil. Place the meatballs in the pan and lower the heat to medium. Cook the meatballs 3 minutes on the first side. Reduce the heat to medium low, flip, and cook 3 more minutes. Remember, you are just searing the meatballs; they don’t have to be cooked all the way through. (If you don’t have a large enough pan, cook the meatballs in 2 batches. You may need to add a bit more oil for the second batch.)
- Brush the meatballs generously with half of the glaze. Place the sauté pan in the oven and cook until done, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve with the remaining glaze.
Teri’s tip: If your sauté pan is not large enough, you may need to layer your meatballs in two layers before you put them in the oven. BUT be sure to brush each meatball with the sauce and get them all in the pan. You definitely want to cook them in the sauté pan with all of the juices.
Keywords: whole30 meatballs
Create a beautiful salad using the leftover Whole30 Glazed Meatball Salad.
Romaine lettuce, chopped
1 can hearts of palm, sliced
1 jar pepperoncini (whole or sliced)
8 green onions, chopped
2 avocados, cut into chunks
If desired, warm the leftover meatballs.
Place the romaine lettuce in a large bowl and sprinkle thoroughly with kosher salt.
Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl, drizzle with the Marinated Onion oil (or a compliant dressing) and toss to coat evenly.
Serve on a plate topped with 3 (or more!) warm meatballs.