So many of you asked for an egg-free breakfast, and here’s a favorite. As a food blogger, I’m fortunate to work from home, so I can spend some time making breakfast. Here’s an easy one to put together–while the salmon is cooking, build a bed of greens with toppings like cherry tomatoes, slices of avocado, zucchini and Marinated Onions, but feel free to use whatever you have in your fridge, what’s local, and what’s in season. Breakfast greens are one of my favorite topics! I love to include greens in every breakfast. Arugula with a bit of my Marinated Onions, sautéed Chinese greens, Boston lettuce as a side dish. The choices are limitless. On my first Whole30, I realized that if I start my day with a great breakfast like this rather than with a smoothie, I feel satiated, fantastic, and am less likely to have food cravings or make bad choices. And remember, meals are only as good as their ingredients, so salmon success depends on a fresh, excellent filet.
- Fresh salmon filet
- Zucchini, thickly sliced diagonally
- Cherry tomatoes
- Avocado, halved and sliced
- Nocrumbsleft Marinated Onions
- Grill salmon 4 minutes per side on a well-oiled grill or in a pan on the stove over high heat. Set aside.
- Cook zucchini in olive oil over medium heat until brown and soft.
- Assemble all ingredients and enjoy!