So many of you asked for an egg-free breakfast, and here’s a favorite. As a food blogger, I’m fortunate to work from home, so I can spend some time making breakfast. Here’s an easy one to put together–while the salmon is cooking, build a bed of greens with toppings like cherry tomatoes, slices of avocado, zucchini and Marinated Onions MAGIC ELIXIR™, but feel free to use whatever you have in your fridge, what’s local, and what’s in season. Breakfast greens are one of my favorite topics! I love to include greens in every breakfast. Arugula with a bit of my Marinated Onions MAGIC ELIXIR™, sautéed Chinese greens, Boston lettuce as a side dish. The choices are limitless. On my first Whole30, I realized that if I start my day with a great breakfast like this rather than with a smoothie, I feel satiated, fantastic, and am less likely to have food cravings or make bad choices. And remember, meals are only as good as their ingredients, so salmon success depends on a fresh, excellent filet.
- Fresh salmon filet
- Zucchini, thickly sliced diagonally
- Cherry tomatoes
- Avocado, halved and sliced
- Marinated Onions MAGIC ELIXIR™
- Grill salmon 4 minutes per side on a well-oiled grill or in a pan on the stove over high heat. Set aside.
- Cook zucchini in olive oil over medium heat until brown and soft.
- Assemble all ingredients and enjoy!