These twice baked potatoes are a game-changer and absolute crowd-pleaser!
- 8 Russet potatoes
- 1–1/2 to 2 cups hot milk
- 12 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp chives, diced
- 6 strips cooked bacon, chopped
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh Black Pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Start the Traeger grill on smoke with the lid open, about 5 minutes. Then close the lid and set the temperature to 400 F. Wait 15 minutes for the grill top pre-heat.
- Clean the potatoes and let dry. Then poke the potatoes with a fork.
- Place the potatoes on the grill and bake for about 1 hr and 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Transfer the potatoes to a rimmed baking sheet and let the potatoes cool slightly for 5 to 10 minutes. Turn grill down to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, scoop the potato flesh into a bowl, leaving about a 1/4-inch shell.
- Using a masher, mash the potato while slowly adding the hot milk and melted butter. Once mixed together, whip the potatoes until fluffy and smooth. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Fill the potato skins with the whipped potato filling. Top each potato with cheese and bacon.
- Place back on the grill and cook for 20 minutes at 375 F, or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Remove from grill and top with more bacon and chives. Enjoy!
Keywords: twice baked potato, baked potato recipe