I’m delighted to be sponsored by Blue Moose of Boulder, and this month I’m focused on summer weeknight eating. Inspiration for this dish came from Mediterranean flavors and farmer’s market seasonal produce. Blue Moose is my favorite go-to natural hummus primarily because it’s absolutely delicious. Of course, I also love that it’s hand-crafted, cold-pressed and small-batched, and beyond that, it’s officially non-GMO certified.
The height of summer is all about quick, cool eating, and what’s more perfect than a smear of fabulous hummus topped with bites of crisp summer produce celebrating the goodness of the season, greens, and my grilled chicken crispies? Finish your platter with my Marinated Onions MAGIC ELIXIRSâ„¢ and a drizzle of the marinated olive oil that is a treasure unto itself.
This dish is perfect for a weeknight dinner after the gym or a long bike ride. Marinate the chicken strips either overnight or the morning of–so great for busy folks. Have it ready and in the fridge. Pick up your favorite height of summer produce at the local market. Get your grill oiled and clean in advance, and grill the marinated strips three minutes a side.
Blue Moose Hummus Crispy Chicken Plate
- green onions or chives, thinly sliced
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 container Blue Moose of Boulder Hummus (I used garlic, but use your favorite)
- Marinated Onions MAGIC ELIXIRSâ„¢ – click here for the recipe
- cucumbers, thinly sliced
- baby arugula
- Mediterranean olives
Tip – If you have the time, freeze the chicken for an hour–makes it easier to cut. Place chicken breast down flat.
1. Remove chicken from the freezer. Cut chicken breast lengthwise, down its longest points, into flat strips about the width of your finger, at a slight angle.
2. Make the marinade: Zest the lemon, then juice the lemon. In a bowl, stir together olive oil, oregano, the zest and juice of the lemon and garlic. Set aside.
3. Place chicken into a container. Salt and pepper thoroughly. Pour half the marinade over the chicken, flip, and pour the other half over. Marinate overnight or for a couple hours.
4. Make the Marinated Onions MAGIC ELIXIRSâ„¢ – recipe here
4. Remove chicken from refrigerator.
5. Make sure your grill is clean, oiled and hot. Grill chicken for 2-3 minutes a side. (This can be done a day ahead for ease of weeknight eating.)
6. Here’s the fun part: assembly. Spread some Blue Moose of Boulder Hummus on a platter and spread it out. Then arrange some chicken strips. In sections, add arugula. Then sprinkle cucumbers, tomatoes, and tuck in Nicoise olives. Cover with Marinated Onions MAGIC ELIXIRSâ„¢, drizzle a circle of the olive oil from the onions, and garnish with green onions or chives. Serve.