- green onions or chives, thinly sliced
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 container Hummus (I used garlic, but use your favorite)
- Marinated Onions MAGIC ELIXIRS – click here for the recipe
- cucumbers, thinly sliced
- baby arugula
- Mediterranean olives
1. Cut chicken breast lengthwise, down its longest points, into flat strips about the width of your finger, at a slight angle.
2. Make the marinade: Zest the lemon, then juice the lemon. In a bowl, stir together olive oil, oregano, the zest and juice of the lemon and garlic. Set aside.
3. Place chicken into a container. Salt and pepper thoroughly. Pour half the marinade over the chicken, flip, and pour the other half over. Marinate overnight or for a couple hours.
4. Make the Marinated Onions MAGIC ELIXIRS – recipe here
4. Remove chicken from the refrigerator.
5. Make sure your grill is clean, oiled, and hot. Grill chicken for 2-3 minutes a side. (This can be done a day ahead for ease of weeknight eating.)
6. Here’s the fun part: assembly. Put some hummus on a platter and spread it out. Then arrange some chicken strips. In sections, add arugula. Then sprinkle cucumbers, tomatoes, and tuck in Nicoise olives. Cover with Marinated Onions MAGIC ELIXIRS, drizzle a circle of the olive oil from the onions, and garnish with green onions or chives. Serve.