Sweet Potato Crisps
- 2 Japanese sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced super thin
- Avocado oil
For the Taco Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Aleppo pepper
- 1-1/2 tsp of Sumac
- 1-1/2 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp of red pepper flakes
- 2 cups shredded chicken breasts, recipe here
- red onion, chopped
- green and black olives, sliced
- avocado, sliced
- pico de gallo
- radishes, sliced
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 cup Easy Homemade Mayo (or your favorite Whole30 compliant brand)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 2-4 roasted red peppers, depending on how sweet you like it
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
This is a recipe that is not difficult but requires some prep.
- Make Sweet Potato Chips: Heat up avocado oil until it’s hot but not smoky. In small batches, fry the sweet potatoes for 2-3 minutes. Be sure not to overcrowd the pan. Remove and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain any excess oil.
- Make the Roasted Red Pepper Sauce: Oil the peppers. Grill or broil your peppers, making sure to get them nice and charred. Once they have cooled, remove the skins and process them in the food processor. Set aside. Whisk all the remaining ingredients together to combine, including the processed roasted red peppers. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Store for up to a week in an air-tight container.
- Make the Avocado Crema: combine all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Combine all taco seasoning ingredients. After shredding roasted chicken breasts, stir taco seasoning in well to combine.
- Assemble your nachos and enjoy!