- 12 (2-ounce) meatballs (we used our Gluten Free Parmesan Chicken Meatball recipe and adjusted to make 2 ounce meatballs)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 12 dinner rolls gluten free or regular
- 4 to 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese divided
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella (or as much as you like!)
- Finely chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare the Gluten Free Parmesan Chicken Meatball recipe, keep warm.
- In a small pot, add the butter and pressed garlic and heat over low until melted. Let the butter infuse but keep an eye to make sure the garlic nor the butter burns. Remove from heat.
- Take your rolls and scoop out openings the size of your meatballs in the tops of the rolls. (Note, you’re hollowing out the rolls, and you do not slice the rolls in half, as you’re making open-faced, meatball-stuffed sliders.) If you have anything that is about the size of your meatballs, like a tiny bowl or a small biscuit cutter, it can help to score the center of the rolls before hollowing them out. We used a 2-ounce jigger, which was the perfect size for our meatballs. With a spoon or a knife, just cut out the center, making sure not to cut more than 2/3 of the way down the center of rolls.
- Put the rolls on a parchment lined baking sheet and brush them with the garlic butter.
- Place the rolls in the oven and bake for 3 minutes, then remove.
- Assemble the meatball sliders by adding 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon of the marinara, depending on the size of your rolls and meatballs, into every roll’s hollow, then a sprinkle of parmesan. Now add a meatball to each roll. Liberally top with mozzarella and a generous sprinkle of parmesan.
- Add the stuffed meatball rolls back to the oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is all melted and lightly golden; remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle with parsley, and enjoy!
If you prefer, you can buy premade meatballs at your grocery store, just heat them up in 2 cups of marinara of your choice and adjust the size of your buns to fit the meatballs, as needed.
- Serving Size: 2 sliders
- Calories: 641
- Sugar: 13.9 g
- Sodium: 1249.7 mg
- Fat: 36.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 44 g
- Protein: 36 g
- Cholesterol: 132.2 mg
Keywords: meatball, meatball sliders, easy, slider, recipe for sliders, Chicken Parmesan Meatball