This Whole30 Sunday Summer Salad is perfect for light, seasonal eating! It’s full of crunch and great for weeknight eating.
For the Salad:
- 10 ounces of your choice of greens, we used baby romaine
- Kosher Salt
- Marinated Red Onions and its oil
- 4 cups cubed Sizzling Everyday Chicken, or rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup cut French green beans (bite-size)
- 1 cup thinly sliced radicchio lettuce
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumbers (into half moons)
- 1 cup radishes, sliced
- 1-2 avocados, cubed
- 3/4 cup California green olives, halved
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced pepperoncini peppers
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3/4 cup hearts of palm, cut into tiny bite pieces
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the Creamy Chive Citrus Dressing:
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup light olive oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 anchovy
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Make the Creamy Chive Citrus Dressing: In a wide mouth mason jar, using an immersion blender to blend, place the egg and slowly add the light olive oil until it emulsifies and thickens. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until thoroughly combined. Cover and refrigerate to allow the dressing to thicken while you make the salad.
- Blanche the Green beans: In a large pot over high heat, bring water and 2 teaspoons salt to a boil. Meanwhile, prepare an ice water bath in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Add the green beans to the boiling water and parboil for 3 minutes or until cooked through but still crisp. Immediately remove, drain, and add to the ice water bath. Let cool in the ice water for 5 minutes. Drain and dry. Set aside.
- Assemble the Salad: In a large bowl, add the greens and sprinkle with salt. If your greens are big, tear the leaves into smaller pieces. Sprinkle salt and add about 3 tablespoons of Marinated Red Onion oil and around ½ cup of marinated red onions. Add the chicken, green beans, radicchio, cucumbers, radishes, avocado, olives, cherry tomatoes, pepperoncini, celery, and hearts of palm. Toss to fully combine. Add more marinated onion oil until the salad is fully coated and red wine vinegar. Season to taste with more salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve with the dressing on the side and enjoy!
This salad is also perfect without the dressing, but we love it with a few spoonfuls!
Keywords: whole30 salad, summer salad