Truly Delicious Weekday Mashed Potatoes
It’s September from @heyimseptember, I may be Teri’s kid, but I can assure you, these mashed potatoes are objectively the greatest thing on the planet.
I love these mashed potatoes with a burning passion, and I absolutely don’t wait for Thanksgiving to come around in order to make them, in fact, they are a bi-monthly staple for me, at least. Every time I make them, crowds essentially gather in hopes of leftovers, (I’m not kidding) so I often double or triple the recipe so I can share without missing out on getting enough for myself.
I’ve found that when I spice up my Marinated Onions by adding a little bit of balsamic, the marinated onion oil becomes a perfect drizzle for these delectable mashed potatoes. I absolutely love pairing them with my mom’s Green Beans, and her Everyday Roast Chicken Breast for weeknight eating, as well as short ribs for a special occasion. Heck, I just love having these in the fridge as a midday snack! If you’re looking for a mashed potato recipe, I can assure you this is the best one out there.Print
These pair perfectly with Marinated Onions. If you add Balsamic Vinegar to your Marinated Onions, the oil will also be delicious on top.
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup Whole milk
- 1 stick butter
- Peel, cut and rinse the potatoes. Place in a large pot with 1 tablespoon of salt and cover them with cold water. Over high heat, bring the potatoes to a boil, then reduce heat to medium or medium low, partially cover and continue to cook for 20 minutes. When done, check with a fork to make sure they are tender, then drain in a colander and return to the pan.
- Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan over medium heat, combine the milk and butter, stirring to combine until the butter is melted, but not boiling.
- Mash the potatoes with the potato masher and slowly add the milk and butter mixture. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon of salt, the pepper and stir gently to combine. Finish off mixing with an electric mixer. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
Keywords: mashed potatoes