These pair perfectly with Marinated Onions. If you add Balsamic Vinegar to your Marinated Onions, the oil will also be delicious on top.
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup Whole milk
- 1 stick butter
- Peel, cut and rinse the potatoes. Place in a large pot with 1 tablespoon of salt and cover them with cold water. Over high heat, bring the potatoes to a boil, then reduce heat to medium or medium low, partially cover and continue to cook for 20 minutes. When done, check with a fork to make sure they are tender, then drain in a colander and return to the pan.
- Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan over medium heat, combine the milk and butter, stirring to combine until the butter is melted, but not boiling.
- Mash the potatoes with the potato masher and slowly add the milk and butter mixture. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon of salt, the pepper and stir gently to combine. Finish off mixing with an electric mixer. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
Keywords: mashed potatoes