As a seafood lover, I’m absolutely crazy about what Marina Del Rey has to offer: fantastic wild, responsibly caught, frozen seafood. We share the core belief in environmental responsibility that produces pure, natural seafood free of the antibiotics, hormones, coloring and chemicals found in farmed seafood. These Argentinian shrimp are wild caught and pure and my family and I can absolutely taste the difference.
This platter is a favorite, perfect when gathering a group, and ideal over the holidays as an appetizer, a potluck dish, or a scrumptious treat for an open house. While these are sold in the shell, out of the shell, and cooked, I always prefer the extra flavor of shrimp with the shells on–and the leftover shells make an amazing stock. And you know I’m all about that stock! This recipe has it all: salty, briny, crunchy, creamy, totally easy to make, and a real crowd pleaser. I savor the moment when my guests see a beautiful platter like this.
For Whole30 remove the Feta and wafers and substitute the remoulade sauce (see below). For Keto remove the wafers and switch out the dressing. For gluten-free, use gluten-free crackers.
Holiday Shrimp Platter
- Marinated Red Onions MAGIC ELIXIRSâ„¢
- 2 lbs Marina Del Rey Shrimp, shells on and deveined
- Shrimp Marinade
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ cup olive oil
- Sauce for tossing cooked shrimp:
- 6 Tbsp clarified butter, warmed
- 3 Tbsp compliant hot sauce
- Spicy Remoulade Sauce (recipe below and can be done 2 days in advance)
- 1/4 lb chunk Feta cheese
- Demi-baguette, sliced thinly and toasted
- Nicoise Olives
1. Make your Marinated Onions MAGIC ELIXIRSâ„¢ Thinly slice the red onion. Place the slices in a container and pour the olive oil and red wine vinegar over. Add the dried oregano. Cover and let sit at room temperature to marinate for at least an hour.
2. Marinate the shrimp for 20 minutes in a mixture of olive oil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, lemon juice and garlic.
3. While the shrimp is marinating, slice the baguette lengthwise as thinly as you can. Brush with olive oil. Place in a 350 degrees F oven until golden, about 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
4. Mix the clarified butter and the compliant hot sauce together right before cooking shrimp. Warm slightly and set aside.
5. Over high heat on the stove, get a large pan really hot. Add a couple tablespoons of olive oil to the pan and using tongs, pull each shrimp out and place in a single layer in the pan. Cook for 3 minutes a side. If your pan is not big enough you may have to do them in batches. When the last batch of shrimp is done cooking, return the shrimp to the pan, turn off the heat, and pour the hot sauce/clarified butter sauce over the shrimp, Toss to coat well.
6. Assemble your platter. Lay down the lettuce, then place the shrimp down, add a block of Feta, then olives and toasted baguette slices. Top with Marinated Onions MAGIC ELIXIRSâ„¢ and place the spicy remoulade sauce in the center. Serve and Enjoy.
Spicy Remoulade Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp whole grain mustard
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2-3 Tsp hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Mix all remoulade ingredients together to combine well.
disclaimer: this post is sponsored by Marina Del Rey.