- Marinated Red Onions MAGIC ELIXIRS
- 2 lbs Marina Del Rey Shrimp, shells on and deveined
- Shrimp Marinade
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ cup olive oil
- Sauce for tossing cooked shrimp:
- 6 Tbsp clarified butter, warmed
- 3 Tbsp compliant hot sauce
- Spicy Remoulade Sauce (recipe below and can be done 2 days in advance)
- 1/4 lb chunk Feta cheese
- Demi-baguette, sliced thinly and toasted
- Nicoise Olives
For the Spicy Remoulade Sauce:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp whole grain mustard
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2–3 Tsp hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Mix all remoulade ingredients together to combine well.
2. Marinate the shrimp for 20 minutes in a mixture of olive oil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, lemon juice and garlic.
3. While the shrimp is marinating, slice the baguette lengthwise as thinly as you can. Brush with olive oil. Place in a 350º F oven until golden, about 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
4. Mix the clarified butter and the compliant hot sauce together right before cooking shrimp. Warm slightly and set aside.
5. Over high heat on the stove, get a large pan really hot. Add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil to the pan and using tongs, pull each shrimp out and place in a single layer in the pan. Cook for 3 minutes a side. If your pan is not big enough you may have to do them in batches. When the last batch of shrimp is done cooking, return the shrimp to the pan, turn off the heat, and pour the hot sauce/clarified butter sauce over the shrimp, toss to coat well.
6. Assemble your platter. Lay down the lettuce, then place the shrimp down, add a block of Feta, then olives and toasted baguette slices. Top with Marinated Onions MAGIC ELIXIRS and place the spicy remoulade sauce in the center. Serve and Enjoy.