I wanted to share my all-time new favorite for best Whole30 celebration eating. Italian Pork Roast with Sumac potatoes and one of my Whole30 MAGIC ELIXIRSâ„¢ — a dipping sauce to die for. I’m so excited for you to make this.
Italian Pork Roast with Sumac Frites
- ½ cup mayo, homemade or your favorite Whole30 compliant
- ½ cup pistachio pesto MAGIC ELIXIRSâ„¢ (recipe below)
- 2 – 4 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice, to taste
- 8 lb fresh pork shoulder on the bone (you’ll love the leftovers)
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 16 sprigs thyme
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- Red potatoes, cut into 3-inch-tall and about ¼ inch thick pieces
- Also pictured (watermelon, peaches, carrots and grilled zucchini)
Pistachio Pesto MAGIC ELIXIRSâ„¢ Ingredients
- 1 cup raw pistachios
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, put through the press
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- ½ – 1 cup olive oil (depending on your desired consistency)
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Make Pistachio Pesto MAGIC ELIXIRSâ„¢ by blending the raw pistachios in a food processor. Next, add pressed garlic, basil and parsley. When all is mixed well, slowly add ½ cup olive oil, or more if desired. Then add lemon juice, salt and pepper, and combine until well mixed. Nirvana.
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Salt and pepper the pork shoulder on all sides and place in baking dish leaving fat side up. Remove thyme and oregano leaves from the sprigs and sprinkle on top of pork.
- Cook uncovered in the oven 4 hours. Sprinkle with chopped garlic. Cook 4 more hours. Remove from oven.
- Mix Pistachio Pesto MAGIC ELIXIRSâ„¢ and mayo together. Add lemon juice and stir well.
- Bake potatoes at 350°F for 30 minutes or until done. Sprinkle with sumac.
- Build a beautiful platter with your favorite fruits or vegetables. I like to use whatever is local, in-season and colorful.