This stainless steel skillet is really something! It’s my go-to pan and an absolute workhorse. It was perfect for these shrimp because the pan retains heat very well and disperses heat evenly. The handle is ergonomic to help balance the pan, and I love a pan that can go from stovetop to oven. Made In pans are made in collaboration with working chefs, so they’ve been thoroughly vetted, and it shows.
Made In pans are what I love to call “Life pans,” a super well-made kitchen tool that you’ll have and use over the course of your life. Take good care of it. The end product is shipped straight to your kitchen—so, there’s no middleman. They are not available in stores, which keeps them very reasonably priced. They are made in the USA, come with a lid, and as they quite accurately say, “You are getting professional quality with an amateur price.” What could be better?
You may already know about my Sizzling Shrimp. These are so easy and an absolute no-fail. You just marinate the shrimp in a bit of olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, lemon rind, and red pepper flakes, then sauté in a frying pan. Finish them off in one of my Magic Elixirs: a simple yet delicious combination of clarified butter and hot sauce!Print
This tried and true shrimp recipe is absolutely delicious. If you haven’t made it, it’s time!
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, the juice and the rind
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons clarified butter, warmed
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 pounds shrimp, shells on and deveined
- Place the shrimp in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, lemon juice and garlic, stirring well. Pour the mixture over the shrimp in the other bowl, toss to coat. Let marinate for about 20 minutes.
- Immediately before you are ready to cook the shrimp, in a small blender combine the warmed clarified butter and hot sauce and blend well. Set aside.
- Place a large frying pan over high heat to get it hot. Place ½ the shrimp in a single layer in the pan and cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes a side. Remove and set aside in a bowl. Repeat with the final batch. When almost finished cooking on the 2nd side, add the other shrimp back to the pan and turn off the heat. Pour the clarified butter mixture over the shrimp. Toss to coat. Serve.