This tried and true shrimp recipe is absolutely delicious. If you haven’t made it, it’s time!
- 2 pounds large shrimp, shells on and deveined
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons clarified butter, warmed
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- Place the shrimp in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, lemon juice and garlic, stirring well. Pour the mixture over the shrimp in the other bowl, toss to coat. Let marinate for about 20 minutes.
- Immediately before cooking the shrimp, thoroughly whisk the warmed clarified butter and hot sauce together. Set aside.
- Place a large frying pan over high heat to get it really hot. Using a slotted spoon to allow the excess marinade to drain off, scoop ½ the shrimp in a single layer in the pan and cook until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes each side. Remove and set aside in a bowl. Repeat with the final batch. When almost finished cooking on the second side, add the other shrimp back to the pan and turn off the heat. Pour the clarified butter mixture over the shrimp. Toss to coat. Serve.
Cook’s Note: Alternatively, you can grill the shrimp over medium-high heat and heat the butter and hot sauce in a saucepan on the grill as well.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 691
- Sugar: 3.1 g
- Sodium: 1106 mg
- Fat: 55.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.4 g
- Protein: 46.4 g
- Cholesterol: 402.4 mg