This tried and true shrimp recipe is absolutely delicious. If you haven’t made it, it’s time!
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, the juice and the rind
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons clarified butter, warmed
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 pounds shrimp, shells on and deveined
- Place the shrimp in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, lemon juice and garlic, stirring well. Pour the mixture over the shrimp in the other bowl, toss to coat. Let marinate for about 20 minutes.
- Immediately before you are ready to cook the shrimp, in a small blender combine the warmed clarified butter and hot sauce and blend well. Set aside.
- Place a large frying pan over high heat to get it hot. Place ½ the shrimp in a single layer in the pan and cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes a side. Remove and set aside in a bowl. Repeat with the final batch. When almost finished cooking on the 2nd side, add the other shrimp back to the pan and turn off the heat. Pour the clarified butter mixture over the shrimp. Toss to coat. Serve.