I was so inspired by the new Whole30 Fast and Easy book because I love the idea of quick weeknight eating, and if you have the supplies in advance, you can have dinner in under 15 minutes. Broccolini! If you are not currently eating it, it’s an absolute must. It‘s the tastier cousin of broccoli. If you don’t see it in your market, talk to your grocer and develop a rapport–foodies want to help other foodies! It’s quite flavorful with turmeric powder, smoked paprika, and granulated garlic, but there are so many ways to switch it up so by all means, do! By the way, make extra, because tomorrow I will show you how to make a fantastic breakfast with the leftovers.
Spiced Chicken with Broccolini Stir Fry
- 1 tsps turmeric powder
- 1 Tbsps smoked paprika
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1-½ lbs boneless and skinless chicken breasts (about 3 breasts)
- 4 Tbsps olive oil, divided
- 12 oz. broccolini (2 packages)
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 Tbsps coconut aminos
In a medium bowl, stir the turmeric powder, smoked paprika, granulated garlic, and salt together to make a spice mixture.
In a large bowl, combine the chicken breasts with the salt and spice mixture and 2 Tbsps of olive oil. Mix to coat well.
Heat 1 Tbsps olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat and sauté the broccolini for 2 minutes. Add the chopped garlic and sauté for 1 more minute. Remove and set aside.
In the same pan over medium high heat, add the remaining 1 Tbsps olive oil, a sprinkle with salt and sauté the chicken for 1 minute a side. Remove and set aside.
Add 2 tsps coconut aminos to deglaze the pan and return the chicken and broccolini to the pan and stir to warm. Serve.
- Leftover Chicken and Broccolini Stir Fry Breakfast
- Marinated Onions MAGIC ELIXIR™
- Salt and pepper to taste
Warm the leftover chicken in a medium sauté pan with olive oil.
Cook the eggs to your liking. I fried mine.
Place the greens in a bowl. Drizzle some Marinated Onion MAGIC ELIXIR™ oil on top, then salt. Add the leftover warmed Chicken Stir Fry and eggs. Top with Marinated Onions and serve.
Smoky Chicken Burgers
- 1 ½ pounds ground chicken, one pound ground dark meat and half pound ground breast
- 1 cups spinach chopped coarsely
- 1 red pepper (or color of your choice), finely chopped
- Handful of finely chopped chives (if desired)
- 1 T smoked paprika
- 2 – 3 tsp kosher salt (less, if you prefer)
- Black pepper as desired
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- half a medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil, plus more to sauté
Place the chicken in a bowl. Combine well. Add the onion, red pepper, spinach, parsley, garlic and mix to combine. Sprinkle the smoked paprika over, and then the salt and black pepper.
Drizzle the chicken mixture with 2 T olive oil, mix it in and form four patties, then place them in well-oiled pan on medium heat. Cook 5 minutes on each side.
TIP: I like to keep the mixture in the fridge in a mason jar for freshness and prepare these throughout the week.