Crispy Passport Chicken Salad with Green Goddess Dressing MAGIC ELIXIRS (TM)
I’m a gal that loves an entree salad! And how about this one — Crispy Passport Chicken with my delectable Green Goddess Dressing MAGIC ELIXIRSâ„¢! Perfect on a bed of beautiful greens and topped with Marinated Onions MAGIC ELIXIRSâ„¢. Check the stories in a bit for the step-by-steps of how we got here. Be sure to check the Live here to see how these beautiful greens were grown in the winter!Print
This salad is packed with incredible flavors, and it is Whole30! This salad is a great entree for any night of the week.
For the Whole30 Green Goddess Dressing MAGIC ELIXIRS:
- 3 oil-packed anchovy filets
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1 cup Whole30 mayo
- 2 handfuls basil leaves (about1/3-2/3 cup fairly tightly packed)
- 4 Tbsps fresh tarragon leaves
- ¼ cup parsley
- 3 Tbsps lemon juice
- 5 Tbsps olive oil
- 2 Tbsps red wine vinegar
- 2 pinches salt
For the Passport Chicken Marinade:
- 5 Tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsps dried oregano
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
For Everything else:
- 3 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1-2 Tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
- Lettuce (use your favorite greens)
- Marinated Red Onions MAGIC ELIXIRS
- Make the dressing: Blend all the dressing ingredients to combine well. Taste the dressing and add salt, pepper, and more lemon juice for extra tang, if needed. Adjust fresh herbs to taste.
- Make the chicken marinade: combine the olive oil, oregano, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper together.
- This next step is tricky because you are going to use a sharp knife to cut the chicken breasts lengthwise, so be careful. For ease of cutting, freeze the chicken breasts for about an hour or two until they’re just partially frozen. Cut the breasts into strips, by laying them flat on a board, and covering most of the breast with one hand. Then slowly cut the breast lengthwise. Then cut again, so you end up with 3 thin slices.
- Salt and pepper thoroughly. Place in a container with the marinade and marinate for an hour, or longer, depending on who much time you have.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, heat 1 Tbsps of olive oil. Sauté the chicken pieces 2 minutes on each side.
- Assemble your masterpiece beautifully on a platter.