Blueberry and Skyr Winter Dream
Holiday Baking! So much fun, and it really gets me in the spirit of the season. I celebrate Christmas, but these are perfect for whatever winter holiday you are celebrating. I love this gluten-free version with Skyr, lemon and blueberry. They’re amazing as is, but are delicious topped with a bit of the Skyr icing MAGIC ELIXIRS.
I’m delighted to be sponsored by Icelandic Provisions. I absolutely love working with their Skyr, which is a cultured dairy product rooted in Iceland. Skyr (pronounced “skier”) is to Iceland as Champagne is to France. Unlike similar cultured dairy products of this style, Icelandic Provisions Skyr is the only one in America that actually comes from Icelandic cultures, which give it a fantastic weight and texture. It’s packed with protein and mindful of sugar and I love Icelandic Provisions‘ commitment to making a clean healthful product.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1–1/2 cups gluten-free flour, divided
- 1 cup Plain Icelandic Provisions Skyr, divided
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1–1/2 cups blueberries
- 3 Tbsp roughly broken sliced almonds, divided
For the Skyr Icing MAGIC ELIXIRS:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp Plain Icelandic Provisions Skyr
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, cream sugar and butter together.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla and almond extract.
- Add half the flour and half the Skyr . Combine.
- Add the remaining flour, soda, salt, and baking powder, then the remaining Skyr . Mix well to combine.
- Stir in 1 Tbsp of lemon juice.
- Add blueberries and mix gently.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Make the Skyr Glaze: In a bowl, mix all the glaze ingredients until combined well.
- Drizzle the muffins with the glaze and sprinkle with almonds.