Chickapea Mushroom Ragu Gluten Free Pasta
Scroll down below the recipe to Enter the Chickapea Pasta Giveaway.
I’m happy to be sponsored by Chickapea Pasta. This gluten-free, organic, chickpea and lentil pasta has a nutty goodness and is wonderful topped with my mushroom ragu.
A number of years ago I started eating gluten-free(ish) and physically, it made me feel so much better. It’s always a challenge to find gluten-free pasta that isn’t corn-based, so I was happy to find Chickapea Pasta. It has a unique taste and texture, and it stands up to some of my very bold sauces. It’s non-gmo, has a low glycemic index and is a superfood with more than 25 grams of protein. If you’re tired of choosing between convenience and nutrition, it’s both!
I wanted to create a pasta that worked for my vegetarian and vegan family members, and this one is ideal because you can make it either way. To take the flavor up a notch, I made a homemade vegetable stock (although, feel free to use a store bought vegetable stock) and boiled the pasta in it. Fall is a wonderful time of year to find assorted mushrooms so I chose these dry Chanterelle, Cremini and Shitaki mushrooms. By soaking the chanterelles, I was left with a magic elixir. One of the tricks of the pasta is to make it al dente, and in the end I combined the mushrooms with sherry, garlic, and my Marinated Pearl Onions MAGIC ELIXIRâ„¢, then finished it with a bit of the vegetable broth pasta water– another MAGIC ELIXIRâ„¢ and a wonderful and healthful way to finish off the sauce. It’s great topped with Parmesan, or keep it vegan and leave the Parmesan out. Delicious!
[recipe title=”Chickapea Mushroom Ragu Gluten Free Pasta” print=”true” ]
- 1 cup Shitaki mushrooms
- 1 cup Cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup dried Chanterelle mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp clarified butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup pearl, or regular Marinated Onions MAGIC ELIXIRâ„¢
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- juice of chanterelle mushrooms cooked down, reduced in half (about 3/4 cup)
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 quarts vegetable broth (homemade recipe below or use store-bought)
- 2 packages Chickapea Gluten Free Pasta
- Soak the dried chanterelle mushrooms in 1-1/2 cups hot water. Make sure the mushrooms are covered in the water. Let soak for at least 30 minutes. Set aside and save the mushroom liquid.
- In a small pan, heat the mushroom liquid to a simmer and reduce to half.
- Heat 2 Tbsp clarified butter and 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large fry pan over medium high heat. Add all the mushrooms and cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add 1/2 cup Marinated Onions MAGIC ELIXIRâ„¢ and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup sherry and the garlic and stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add 3/4 cup reduced mushroom liquid and stir.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the vegetable broth to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 6 minutes. Drain the pasta and keep 1-2 cups of the pasta water. DO NOT rinse the pasta.
- Add the pasta to the mushrooms and gently stir to combine.
- Add 1 cup of the pasta water and stir.
- Serve topped with parmesan and parsley.
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 celery stalks with leaves
- 1 celery root
- 2 large carrots
- 1 bunch green onions
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 fresh parsley sprigs
- 8 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 potato
- 1 cup of mushrooms
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 quarts water
- Chop all the vegetables.
- Heat the oil in a large stock pot and caramelize the vegetables.
- Add the water and bring to a boil. Turn down and simmer uncovered for 1 hour.
- Strain and keep the liquid as stock.
- 7″ rocking Santoku knife
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Cutting Board
- Glass prep bowls
- Large stock pot
disclaimer: this post is sponsored by Chickapea Pasta
Teri this pasta is GORGEOUS! I always love mushrooms in my pasta..can’t wait to try with Chickapea!
Thanks! This dish with Chickapea was a big success with my family!
Teri this pasta is divine from the marinated pearl onions, mushroom goodness, and of course Chickapea pasta! I’m putting this on my menu soon!
Oh I hope that you have had a chance to make this fabulous pasta dish! We sure do love Chickapea pasta!
omg. this looks like bits of heaven and the gluten free pasta brings it right into a homerun!!!!
This is the kind of dish I could have at least once a week. Such beautiful flavors and who doesn’t love a combo of 3 fantastic mushrooms. Gorgeous!
It is so delicious and it has become a go to dish for us!
The flavors here really set this pasta apart! Love the mushroom ragu and that you made a homemade veggie stock too!
You’re absolutely right and it’s delicious!
This looks just wonderful, Teri. Packed with umami and flavor, and so perfect for the fall.
Thanks Gena! It is so wonderful and is the perfect fall dish!
Teri, this is incredible! Perfect for fall — so easy, but so gourmet at the same time. Love Chickapea! Makes vegetarian meals so easy.
We do love our Chickapea and we have been enjoying this dish through fall!
Iâ€™m so sad I didnâ€™t win. I participated in all your giveaways and others.
By the way this is phenomenal â¤ï¸
Don’t give up on entering the giveaways… there’s always another contest or giveaway around the corner!
I am soooo broken hearted ðŸ˜©but to make me feel better I am making this tomorrow. YummmmmðŸ˜‹
As you know, there are always more chances to win just around the corner!!
Hi Teri! I’m such a fan of you! I look forward to your insta stories so much because of how fun and positive you are! I’m a new blogger myself and I was wondering how long you’ve been blogging for and why you started a blog?
I’m also obsessed with your marinated onions! And this recipe here looks delicious, I’ll need to make it soon!
That’s wonderful it’s so much fun! Thanks so much for the positive feedback. I’ve been blogging for a couple of years and it really took off like a freight-train and I could not be more excited with the way that this continues to unravel.
Teri, Fantastic! Wow! Spouse pleaser!! Rick
We sure love it! Thanks Rick!