Shrimp Louie Salad
Shrimp Louie Salad is both fun to eat and sure to please guests. A salad is only as good as its ingredients, so using the very best you can find will elevate your salad to “Wow” status.Print
For the salad:
- 2 heads soft lettuce
- 2 lbs large shrimp, deveined and cooked (see Sizzling Shrimp recipe)
- 6 eggs
- 1 bunch of radishes, sliced
- 2 avocados, cut into chunks
- 1–½ cups pear tomatoes, sliced
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
For the dressing:
- 1 cup homemade Whole30 compliant mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp Tessemae’s Buffalo Sauce
- 1–½ Tbsp green olives, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Several drops Whole30 compliant hot sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Aleppo pepper or red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and pressed
- Make dressing: whisk all dressing ingredients together to combine well.
- Soft boil eggs. I find 8 minutes in boiling water leaves them perfectly gooey. Cook longer if preferred.
- Arrange salad beautifully on a large platter, or in a bowl, whether for one, or a group. Cooking is like a meditation for me, and this is the part where you get to really slow down and put your heart into the dish. I’m absolutely delighted when it’s all assembled and ready to eat or share with friends.
Keywords: seafood salad, shrimp salad, shrimp recipes