As a lifelong passionate foodie, I delight in entertaining, and there is no better party item to gather around than a lovely, luscious salad. Remember, a salad is only as good as its ingredients, so start with lovely lettuces, spectacular marinated protein, marinated onions, and add a delightful surprise like these sweet potato crisps. Don’t forget to fill in with items like olives, avocado and other bits of loveliness. This salad is special enough for a party and divine for a weeknight dinner. NiÃ§oise eating, with a twist, and most of it is do-ahead!
- 4 tuna fillets
- 1-½ cups blanched sugar snap peas
- 1 cup pear tomatoes, halvedand sprinkled with salt
- 1 cup Marinated Red Onions MAGIC ELIXIRSâ„¢
- 2 Persian cucumbers, sliced
- 2 heads assorted soft lettuces, including Boston and Bib
- 1 two-ounce can black olives, pitted
- Chives, chopped, for sprinkling over
- Japanese or Purple Sweet Potato Crisps (recipe below)
- NiÃ§oise dressing (recipe below)
- Pan-sear tuna fillets in a well-oiled pan over high heat for 2-½ minutes per side. Set aside.
- Make dressing.
- Make Sweet Potato Crisps.
- Assemble and serve.
NiÃ§oise Dressing MAGIC ELIXIRSâ„¢
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp Preserved Lemon MAGIC ELIXIRSâ„¢, chopped fine
- Splash of Tabasco
- 8 NiÃ§oise olives, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Whole30 mayo
Blend all ingredients together (I love hand blending in a jar).
Whole30 Compliant Japanese Sweet Potato Crisps
- 2 cups Japanese or purple sweet potatoes, sliced as thinly as possible
- Coconut oil for sautéing to coat pan
- Kosher salt
- Cut sweet potatoes as thinly as possible.
- Heat the oil until hot, but not smoking. Sauté one slice in coconut oil to test it out. You want it to be crispy. Once you know how long it takes to get them nice and crispy, sauté theremaining slices. Remove and set on paper towel at room temperature. Don’t cover. Sprinkle with kosher salt.