I’m thrilled to be sponsored by Blue Moose of Boulder. Likely you’re acquainted with my love for an entrée salad, but I’m captivated by the Italian’s notion of abbondanza eating as a lifestyle. A celebration platter is perfect for a Saturday night with friends, and you can include items for every kind of eater.
You know I will only buy a prepared product if it’s as good as my homemade, and this hits its mark. It’s handcrafted in small batches and you can taste the difference. How much fun do you think this was to make? Taking earth day as a theme, This spring platter is a no-fuss, no-cook way to eat and entertain. It can be as easy as surrounding the hummus with crudites, salami, cheese, and all your favorites. I’ve included my marinated onions and a homemade pesto chicken salad.
Blue Moose of Boulder has many flavors, like original, garlic, roasted red pepper, lime, and black bean, and my favorites smoked chipotle and green chili. They also have 2 Pestos – regular and nut-free. We are so excited about this that we want to share some with you and we are giving away 6 packs of hummus this weekend to 3 winners, so be sure to enter the giveaway below. Winner announced Monday.
Some suggestions for your own abbondanza platter:
- Blue Moose of Boulder assorted hummus
- Pesto Chicken Salad – mix 2 cups roasted chicken breast (or grocery store rotisserie chicken) with 1/3 cup Blue Moose pesto
- Crudités – jicama, sugar snap peas, french green beans, watermelon radishes, baby tomatoes on the vine, carrots
- Cheese – sheep’s milk feta, or your favorite
- Salami, or charcuterie
- Corn chips, crackers, or bread (if you’re not gluten-free)
- Lovely greens
- Juicy pieces of fruit
Have a wonderful time making it!